Undergraduate Essay Prize
A prize of $200 is awarded annually for the best essay submitted for credit within the current academic year by an undergraduate student registered in an English, Writing, Film, Theatre or Medieval Studies course at the 2100 level and above.
- Entries must be submitted by Friday, April 12, 2019.
- Entries will be adjudicated based on the quality of their research and academic writing.
- Eligible essays should receive a mark of at least 85%.
- One entry per student.
- Entries must be work submitted to a course offered through English and Writing in a course numbered 2100-4990 (including Writing, Film, Theatre and Medieval Studies).
- The submission must be the graded paper, with instructor comments (photocopy is fine).
- Submissions may not have been hitherto published or won an award in any other competition.
- Previous winners are not eligible.
- Entries must be submitted in hard copy only to the Department of English and Writing Studies, University College, 2401B, Western University with the following information:
- student name
- student number
- email address
- telephone number
- contest name: Undergraduate Essay Prize
- The winning entry will be named by April 30, 2019.
- The winner will be notified by email.
- The results will be posted on the Department of English website and social media channels.
Inquiries to: Shelli Hunter | firstname.lastname@example.org
|2018||Gillian Nangreave||Professor Richard Moll|