Lillian Kroll Prize in Creative Writing
This contest is now closed. Thank you to all those who entered!
- Entries must be submitted by Monday, February 3, 2020.
- Participants must submit one entry per person, of either prose, fiction, poetry or drama which will be adjudicated on the basis of the quality of the writing submitted, not its quantity.
- You should submit work that has not hitherto been published or won an award in any other competition. One of the following would be a suitable submission:
- a poem, or a brief series of linked poems
- a one-act play, or scenes from a longer work
- a short story or novella, or selections from a longer work of fiction
- Submissions must include a cover page with the following information:
- your name
- student number
- email address
- telephone number
- contest name: Lillian Kroll Prize in Creative Writing
- do not include any personally identifiable information on the work itself
- Entries must be submitted in hard copy to the Department of English and Writing Studies, University College, Room 2401, Western University or by email in PDF format to: email@example.com.
- The winning entry will be named by April of 2020.
- The winner will be notified by email.
- The results will be posted on the Department of English and Writing Studies website and social media channels.
Shelli Hunter | firstname.lastname@example.org
|Year||First prize||Title||Honourable Mention||Title||Adjudicators|
|2019||Elizabeth Sak||"Room for Rent"||Madeleine Ghesquiere & Gabrielle Drolet||"The Stories We Tell" & "Grass"||Professors Jamie Johnston and Aaron Schneider|
|2018||Camille Intson||"Marty and Joel and the Edge of Chaos"||Professors Michael Fox and Jamie Johnston|
|2017||Jasmeen Anjali Siddiqui||“Yelling All the Way to Hell”||Professors Michael Fox and Jamie Johnston|
|2016||Erica McKeen||"Our Eyes, Our Tongue"||Professors Alison Conway and Kathleen Fraser|
|2015||Amy Wang||"Reverse Migration"||Professors Larry Garber and Manina Jones|
|2014||Robert Norsworthy||"Trial and Vegetation"||Professors Larry Garber and Allan Pero|
|2013||Alexander Martin||"Xylophagia"||Professors Larry Garber and Allan Pero|
|2012||Erin Lamotte||Selected Poems||Professors Larry Garber and Allan Pero|
|2011||John Vincent||"House of Broken Mirrors||Professors Larry Garber and Allan Pero|
|2010||Mark MacKichan||"The Social Scenes of Lonely Folks"||Professors Larry Garber and Allan Pero|
|2009||Elizabeth Blackall||"Mermaid in the Moon"||Professors Larry Garber and Allan Pero|
|2008||Grace Vermeer||"Genesis: Three Poems"||Professors Larry Garber and Manina Jones|
|2007||Meghan Adams||"Knot Theory"||Professor Larry Garber and Joan Barfoot, Writer-in-Residence|
|Deirdra Wadden||"The Ferry Passage"||Professor Larry Garber and Joan Barfoot, Writer-in-Residence|
|2006||Andrew MacDonald||"Ink"||Professors Larry Garber and Allan Pero|
|2005||Asher Ghaffar||"Home is Multilateral"||Professor Larry Garber and Lola Tostevin, Writer-in-Residence|
|2002||Lianne Todorovic||"The Hydra Chronicles"||Professor Larry Garber and Jan Horner, Writer-in-Residence|
|2001||Kat Evans||"DEADDOSPEAK"||Professors Larry Garber and Manina Jones|
|1992||Lou D'Sousa||"Taking Care"|