MA in Art History and Curatorial Studies
• Honours BA with a minimum B+ standing, normally in Art History or Visual Arts.
• To support your application, you must upload one unofficial academic transcript from each post-secondary institution attended. If the transcript and degree certificate are not in English, a certified translation must also be included. (Non-English transcripts from institutions within Canada do not require a translation.) If you are offered a spot in our program, you will be required to submit to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies hard copy official transcripts from each postsecondary institution attended.
• Two letters of reference.
Applicants are required to enter the names and contact information (including e-mail address) of their referees into the online application. Once the application is processed, the referee will receive a request via e-mail to complete an electronic recommendation form on the applicant's behalf. A link to the form will be included in the e-mail. The referee will receive a reminder in two weeks if the recommendation is not received. The applicant will receive an e-mail when Western receives the referee's letter of recommendation.
• One sample of written work, normally an essay in art history.
• A well considered statement of intent regarding the applicant's work in art history. The statement of intent should outline your background preparation for graduate level work and indicate your field of interest in art history.
• English Proficiency Test
All applicants whose first language is not English should be aware that the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or its equivalent must be taken before applying to the University. The TOEFL is waived for applicants whose first language is not English who have already successfully completed a university degree at a university in an English speaking country. IELTS is also acceptable.