Training and Reference Material
Operational Excellence Series Slides
Access slides from the Financial Services Operational Excellence Series sessions. To learn more about the Operational Excellence Series, view upcoming sessions, or enroll in a session, click here.
The videos contain general information, a demonstration, or interactions and are a few minutes in length. When viewing videos you will need to enable sound on your computer.
The PDF's are Quick Reference Sheets that provide the steps in a process, or User Guides that provides in-depth information on a topic.
Having a problem opening a PDF? We recommend using Internet Explorer.
If using Firefox:
In the upper right-hand corner, click 'Open With Different Viewer' button and select Adobe Acrobat Reader from the
OR → Menu → Options → Applications → Portable Doc Format → Drop down - Use Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If using Google Chrome:
→ Copy and paste the following into the search bar in Chrome; chrome://plugins → Press Enter → Under the section 'Chrome PDF viewer', click disable for the entire section.
Note: You may require training before you will be given access to some modules within Western Financials, refer to the documentation below or contact Financial Systems at email@example.com for details.
Endowment & Restricted Funds
Harmonized Sales Tax
Professional Expense Reimbursement (PER)
PER Information by Employee Group
- Printing Research Project Statements
- Report Manager and nVision Reports
- nVision Drilldown Requirements
- List of Valid Expense Accounts
- Western Financials Source Codes
Before Your Purchase - What You Need to Know
Policies and Guidelines
- General Purchasing Policies and Guidelines
- Obtain Quotes for Orders >$10k
- Accessibility Considerations For Purchases
Import / Export Goods
Online Purchasing – Mustang Market
Creating an Order
Other Ways to Place an Order / Request Payment
Reviewing an Order
Approving an Order
Credit Card Purchasing - PCard
Online Booking - FCm
Accountabilities / Guides
Post AwardResearch Admin - Roles & Responsibilities
- Reference for Researcher / Account Holder Policies
- Principal Investigator / Account Holder Responsibilities
- Researcher Accountability Report Statements
- When Do I Need to Complete a Delegation of Signing Authority form?
- Complete a Journal Entry for Expenses (
nonSalary) between Research Projects
- Complete a Research Journal Entry for Salaries and Benefits
- List of Common Non-Salary General Ledger Expense Accounts for Research Projects
- List of Valid Salary / Benefit General Ledger Accounts for Research Projects
- Creating CFI Orders
- Print Monthly Research Financial Statement
- Request for Continued Spending on an Over Expended Research Account