Capital Accounting supports the University by assisting Facilities Management with the reporting of capital projects at Western. Our financial roles include: capital reporting, amortization of capital assets and revenue recognition from capital projects.
The Capital Fund is managed individually and collectively with the other University funds. Significant aspects of the Capital Fund include accounting and reporting the University's capital assets, construction projects and the capital fund deferred contributions.
Capital Accounting is responsible for:
- providing financial consultation through the lifecycle of a capital project
- ensuring internal controls are adhered to
- project and budget set-up
- administration and financial reporting for capital projects
- coordination and supervision of audits
- completion of the Capital Budget as approved by the Board of Governors
Facilities Development & Engineering is a division of Facilities Management that is responsible for all construction-related work on campus - from providing estimates, proposing designs, bids and tenders, and assisting with administrative services, all the way to the project's completion. Visit the Facilities Development & Engineering webpage to learn more.
If you have questions regarding Capital Accounting, contact:
519.661.2111 Ext 84598
- MAPP 2.30 - Capital Debt Policy