Procurement Services seeks the best value and invites competitive prices whenever practical. We assist the University with the procurement process of all material and services and ensure that we are fair, open and transparent.
The following units have been delegated operational responsibilities for procurement (within certain limits) and may be contacted directly by vendors wishing to market products and services:
- Facilities Management - construction contracts
- The Book Store at Western - goods for resale
- Campus Computer Store at Western - goods for resale
- Western Libraries - books, periodicals and slides
- Hospitality Services - food and beverages
Western Unviersity participates in several buying groups to obtain the best value for the university.
|Buying Group||Members||Opportunity Location|
(Ontario Univeristy Professional Procurement Management Association)
|Ontario Univeristies and Colleges||
Various depending on the lead institution running procurement for the group
(Ontario Education Collaborative Marketplace)
|Ontario Education Institutions||OECM Marketplace|
(Elgin Middlesex Oxford Purchasing Cooperative)
|Public Institutions||EMOP website|
Canadian Association of University Business Officers
|Canadian Universities||CAUBO website|
(Ministry of Government and Consumer Services)
|Public Institutions||MGS website|
Procurement Services currently uses one of two procurement models when tendering for goods and services;
- Negotiated Request for Proposal (RFP) is a solicitation process which Western uses to seek competitive offers from vendors for the procurement of goods and services. The RFP outlines the deliverables, evaluation process, contract terms, and provides guidance on how vendor proposals should be formatted and submitted.
- The Best Value Procurement Model was created by Arizona State University who Western has been working with to learn and practice this model of procurement. Western is currently using this model for selected projects only but as we progress will be moving toward this model (where appropriate) in the future. Please find below videos explaining the Best Value Procurement Model from the vendor perspective. Should you have any questions regarding this procurement model please contact Procurement Services.
Small Supplier HST Declaration
Vendor Change Request
Current Western vendors can complete and submit this form to notify Western of any changes to their vendor profile such as a new address.
Current bidding opportunities for Western University are posted on Merx (Canada's electronic tendering service). All competitive bids are handled by Procurement Services and questions or concerns should be directed to our office email@example.com, 519.661.2211 Ext. 84579 rather than departments and faculties.
If a vendor wishes to challenge the outcome of a competitive bid process, it should provide written notice to the Western contact noted on the Request for Proposal (RFP) within 60 days of award notification - Bid Dispute Resolution.
Vendor invoices should reference the Purchase Order number provided by Western and be sent directly to:
The University of Western Ontario
1393 Western Road
Support Services Building
Note: Western must make payment to the HST registrant; kindly ensure that invoices reflect your business name as provided to Canada Revenue Agency. For complete listing of what is required on an invoice please reference Accounts Payable - Invoice Requirements
Western has implemented an electronic funds transfer and remittance process to streamline the payment process. Currently, this service is only available to vendors with Canadian bank accounts - Should you like to receive electronic payments, please contact Procurement Services at firstname.lastname@example.org