Ask yourself: If I bought everything on my equipment list, would my lab be fully functional?
- Facilities Management should be contacted for all lab renovations
- Consider renovations or interface issues with mechanicals such as water hook-up, air filtration, electrical connections, exhaust, specialty gases, etc.
- Consider communication/data infrastructure cabling
- Consider lab security (e.g. swipe card access)
- Consider compatibility with existing or new equipment and/or software
- Consider the physical dimensions and weights of the assembled equipment
- Include Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) for equipment backups
- Consider a Nitrogen generator instead of rental cylinders
- Consider anti-vibraiton tables for sensitive instruments
- Ask for vendor references when considering equipment design
- Include an inflation factor in the budget if a quote is only valid for 30 days.
- Ask the vendor if they anticipate price increases in the near future
- Quoted instruments and software should be the latest releases and new releases will be obtained within a specific period after delivery.