FAQs Fall 2021
Updated FAQ details will continue to be posted, so please check back for changes or more details. FAQs are subject to change. Sport and Recreation appreciates that health and safety is a shared responsibility with those using its facilities.
Please check our main Campus Rec page for our hours of operation.
We are continuing to use a reservation system in order to allow our members to book a guaranteed workout space and time.
Before entering the WRSC members must book a scheduled time in advance and follow Western's protocols for being on-campus. ONE BOOKING PER PERSON PER DAY. To ensure physical distancing, there will be reduced capacity in the facility. Members will book 60 minute workout blocks to guarantee a workout time. The reservation system is open now. Reservations must be cancelled if you are unable to attend.
- Arrive in front of WSRC (Western Student Recreation Centre)
- Staff will check their vaccination report and ID
- Show the green check mark
- Check in for their reservation
- Scan into the facility
What’s available at Campus Recreation for working out?
Online pre-registration is required for all in-person programming, on shop.westernmustangs.ca. Students will also be required to complete a self-assessment on the Western App prior to coming to campus.
- Each workout reservation will be for 1 hour.
- Capacities will continue to increase as restrictions are eased.
- Washrooms are open.
- NEW: Changerooms are open as of November 1. Masks must be worn.
- NEW: Showers are open as of November 1. Members must bring their own towel.
- NEW: Daily jogging and skating reservations are available.
- Staff will be cleaning the facility in between the scheduled workout times.
- Masks may be removed once individuals are in their workout pods/space
Masks must be worn entering, exiting, and throughout the building.
What do I need for admission to Campus Recreation programming?
Individuals arriving at the Western Student Recreation Centre (WSRC) will need to comply with the new provincial requirements, and will need to have the following things ready for staff:
- Proof of second vaccine completed 14 days prior (e.g. For September 22, this would be September 8.
- Daily attestations - Green Check Mark
- Reservation Booked
- Western Student ID
- If they do not have a Western ONECard, they will need a piece of government photo ID
- Under 18, show vaccination and ID, or show ID
- Birth certificate;
- Driver’s licence;
- Citizenship Card;
- Ontario Photo Card;
- Health Card (if offered);
- Passport; and
- Permanent resident card
How do I register?
Visit shop.westernmustangs.ca and select Facility Reservation Access. You will then see available workout spaces and fitness classes. Blocks will generally open 24 hours in advance, on the hour. E.g. Sunday at 8am, for Monday 8am workout blocks, etc...
How do I arrive for my pre-reserved time?
Students will be asked to line up outside the WSRC building along the building towards Sarnia Road in advance of their workout time, approximately 5-10 minutes prior to your reservation. A staff member will verify information, verify you have completed your COVID self-assessment (required each day you come to campus), and confirm your reservation time, as well as verifying that all individuals are wearing a mask before they enter the WSRC.
In addition, once students/members enter the WSRC, they will tap their Western ONECard, which will be tied to their account reservation on the Western Rec App.
- Students will also need to scan their ONECard on the way out of the building.
What are the Pool rules?WSRC Pool Reopens for Swimming Reservations - Sport and Recreation Services - Western University (uwo.ca)
What are my responsibilities if I book a workout or fitness class?
- You must complete the COVID Self-Assessment each day you come on campus. Please see www.uwo.ca/coronavirus for more information.
- You must arrive on-time for your workout time. Entry will not be permitted 15 minutes or more after the reservation time begins.
- You must book ONLY ONE workout time per day.
- You can cancel your space reservation up to 30 minutes prior to your workout time.
- Download the Western Rec Appin order to bring up the entry and exit barcode associated with your workout reservation.
- You must wear a mask at all times while entering, exiting and in the facilities. Masks MAY be removed once individuals are in their workout pods/spaces only.
- You must bring your bag with you at all times, including to your workout pod or class. Day use lockers and changerooms are available but long-term lockers are not available.
- You must be diligent in physical distancing, washing hands and/or hand sanitizing, wearing a mask.
- You must wipe down ALL equipment in your pod at the end of your workout session.
- Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell. For more information visit www.uwo.ca/coronavirus
What if I need to cancel my workout time?
Due to the limited number of sessions offered currently, members are required to cancel their reservation if they are unable to attend. Reservations may be cancelled up to 30 minutes prior to their schedule time through the member’s online account. Cancellation requests through email or over the phone will not be processed.
If members fail to cancel their reservation 30 minutes prior to the start time, they will be considered a ‘no show’. The 1st time a reservation is a ‘no show’, the member will be subject to a 7-day suspension of their membership. The 2nd time a reservation is a ‘no show’, the member will be subject to a 30-day suspension of their membership.
What cleaning protocols do you have in place at the WSRC?
Sports and Recreation appreciates that health and safety is a shared responsibility with those using its facilities. We have protocols in place to ensure robust cleaning measures in the WSRC. Staff will be performing a deep clean each night with new Electrostatic sprayers. Members will be asked to clean after each individual use using wipes provided by the WSRC. And staff will clean after every booking, prior to the next block of bookings.
Will members have to pre-register online before they workout?
Yes. We are asking members to make reservations online for a workout appointment time on the Western Rec App in advance of arriving at the WSRC. Students will also have to fill out a COVID self-questionnaire on the Western App the day of their workout, prior to arrival.
Do not enter the sport facilities, if:
- You have symptoms of COVID-19 or are feeling unwell.
- You have failed the Western Daily Questionnaire.
Will Campus Recreation have self-screening tools?
All students must complete the COVID self-assessment questionnaire on the Western App prior to coming to campus. There will also be signage throughout the WSRC and other facility spaces informing members about our procedures.
Will members be required to wear masks while working out?
Masks must be worn entering, exiting, and throughout the building at all times. Masks may be removed once individuals are in their workout pods/spaces only.
What are the hours of operation?
WSRC - Daily hours of operation can be found on the main page at https://www.uwo.ca/campusrec.
What is the capacity in each facility?
Western Campus Recreation is adhering to the Provincial and Middlesex London Health Unit guidelines, and Western has worked with a global architecture and space planning firm, to inform guidelines, signage and wayfinding.
What about faculty, staff, alumni and others who have been WSRC members in the past?
Students with an active fall membership will be the first to access the WSRC. Timing for staff, faculty, alumni, external stakeholders and community users will be announced as it becomes available.
How do I make a booking/reservation?
Members will be required to make a reservation using our online booking system. There are no walk-up workouts available at the present time. Visit shop.westernmustangs.ca and select Facility Reservation Access.
Example of current proposed procedures:
60 minutes per workout. After which time, we would close the doors to the WSRC and clean all surfaces.
Can I use the water fountains?
No. Members are encouraged to bring a pre-filled water bottle for their workouts. Water fountains will be equipped with bottle fillers, but members are not permitted to drink directly from the water fountains.
Are you offering equipment rentals?
No. Equipment rentals are not available at this time. Members are encouraged to bring their own small equipment, where possible.
To reduce the number of potential touchpoints the following services and amenities will be closed for now, based on recommendations:
- Massage Therapy
- Towel Service
- Lockers - day use lockers are available
- Equipment Rentals
How far in advance am I able to book my workout?
You will be able to book your workout up to 24 hours in advance, depending on space availability.
When will intramurals start again?
Are the changerooms and washrooms open?
Are lockers available?
Only day use locker rentals are currently available. We are looking to reopen longer term rentals at a later date. Members may also take their bags with them to their workout pods.
Are showers available?
Yes, starting November 1. Masks must be worn in the changerooms and only removed when in the shower.
What about Group Fitness Classes?
Western Campus Recreation will be adhering to Ontario provincial guidelines as well as physical space capacities where applicable. Visit shop.westernmustangs.ca and select Facility Reservation Access to view our Fitness Class options.
Will Campus Recreation continue to have digital offerings?
Yes. Past digital classes are available. Campus Recreation will be using a hybrid approach where needed.
How is Campus Recreation separated from the Covid and Flu Clinic?
The Covid Vaccination and Testing Centre is no longer in the WSRC. It is now in the former Graphics Building, by Saugeen Maitland Hall.