Residence Intramural Fall 2018 Leagues
Co-ed Dodgeball (League runs Thursdays 8:00-11:00pm - 24 team capacity)
Dodge Ball is an incredibly popular and fun way to bond as a team, meet new people, and get in some deserved stress relief!
Co-ed Inner-tube Water Polo (League runs Thursdays 9:00-11:00pm - 8 team capacity)
Inner-tube Water Polo is played in the wonderful Western Student Recreation Centre 50 metre pool. One of the most popular, fun, and surprisingly challenging sports leagues.
Co-ed Soccer (League runs Thursdays 9:30-11:30pm - 8 team capacity)
Be a part of one of Western Intramural Sports most popular fall leagues!
$125.00 + HST (13%) + $40 *Performance Bond
• The Performance Bond is a mandatory fee collected at registration.
• Performance Bonds are $40 per team.
• The Performance Bond is in place to help ensure teams show up with the required number of participants to each of their league games.
• The Bond also ensures captains attend all of the required meetings, ensure the roster is complete will all correct information, member numbers, and email addresses before the roster close date.
• The Bond helps discourage actions warranting game suspensions or use of ineligible players.
• If your team does not default, miss any mandatory meetings, has complete and correct roster by the roster closing date, and incurs no penalties or suspensions for conduct/game violations, then your entire Performance Bond will be refunded at the season’s end.
• Performance Bonds must be picked up during the scheduled end of season bond refund period.
• Residence leagues Open: Thurs Sept 6 @ 8:00am
PLEASE NOTE: Registration for the residence leagues can only be done in person at the Membership Services desk in the Western Student Recreation Centre. Registration for the residence leagues ARE NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE.
• Residence Leagues Close: Mon Sept 24 @ 11:59pm
INTRAMURAL “QUIZ” - PROCESS FOR “CAPTAIN’S MEETING”
Following the close of registration (Monday, September 24th) the captain will receive an invitation from IMLeagues (our scheduling website) via email from the Intramural sport convener inviting you to join your team that your Intramural sport convener has created under your name. This email invite will be sent to the email you registered with. Please log in to IMLeagues (or create an account if you do not already have one) and on your Home Page you will see a “Pending Invitation” to join the team, click on this invitation.
You then must pass a Quiz to join your team’s roster. There are links to the information required to answer the Quiz questions which you will need to open in new tabs/windows in your browser. A passing grade of 80% (16/20 correct) is needed to be added to your team’s roster. If this grade is not achieved, you will have an unlimited number of attempts to complete the Quiz. Once you pass the Quiz, you must read and accept our waiver to play Intramural Sports at Western University. You have now been added to your team’s roster. Once the Intramural sport convener has made you captain on your roster (does not happen automatically, usually done within 24 hours of passing quiz), you will be able to invite your teammates via email and change your team’s settings (i.e. team name and photo). Please note that the Quiz is not an exhaustive list of all of our Policies and Procedures. The link provided will show all IMS Policies and Procedures.
Once you invite your teammates via email through IMLeagues, your teammates will also have to complete a Quiz to join your team’s roster. A passing grade of 80% (16/20) correct is needed to be added to the team’s roster. If this grade is not achieved, they will have an unlimited number of attempts to complete the Quiz. Once they pass the Quiz, they must read and accept our waiver to play Intramural Sports at Western University.
Schedules will be posted by Wednesday, September 26th by 4pm at the latest. The first game of the season will begin Thursday, September 27th.
If you have any questions, please visit our westernmustangs.ca website under the Campus Recreation —> Intramurals tab for the answer before emailing your Intramural sport convener or Program Coordinator.
LEAGUES START DATE
ALL Residence Leagues will begin Thursday, September 27th