Residence Intramural Leagues
Residence Intramural Fall 2021 Leagues
Co-ed Dodgeball (League runs Tuesdays 8:00-11:00pm - 24 team capacity) - Deferred to the winter semester
Dodge Ball is an incredibly popular and fun way to bond as a team, meet new people, and get in some deserved stress relief!
Co-ed Flag Football (League runs Wednesdays 9:30-11:30pm - 8 team capacity)
Flag allows for a faster more dynamic air attack game.
Co-ed Inner-tube Water Polo (League runs Sundays 8:00-11:00pm - 6 team capacity) - Deferred to the winter semester
Inner-tube Water Polo is played in the wonderful Western Student Recreation Centre 50 metre pool. One of the most popular, fun, and surprisingly challenging sports leagues.
Co-ed Soccer (League runs Thursdays 8:30-11:30pm - 10 team capacity)
Be a part of one of Western Intramural Sports most popular fall leagues!
Co-ed Volleyball (League runs Thursdays 8:00-11:00pm - 6 team capacity) - Deferred to the winter semester
Volleyball is a great team sport and regardless of your skill or experience intramural sports has a league for you.
$125.00 + HST (13%) + $40 *Performance Bond
• Each team must pay a mandatory performance bond fee (specific to sport/league) collected at registration. One default, captain fails to respond to the captain's online playoff meeting email, incomplete roster violation or multiple game suspension will result in the loss of half of a team’s performance bond.
• Performance bonds for residence leagues are$40 per team.
• The performance bond is put in place to ensure that teams show up with the required number of participants to each of their league games.
• The bond ensures that captains respond to the required captain's online playoff meeting email, that each team roster is complete and filled out correctly with correct names, prior to the roster close date.
• The bond also discourages actions warranting multiple game suspensions or use of ineligible players.
• If a team does not default, the captain replies by email to the mandatory captain's online playoff meeting, has a complete roster by the roster close deadline, and incurs no multiple game suspensions for player conduct/game violations, the entire performance bond will be available for refund at the end of the semester at the front desk of the WSRC, prior to the deadline; by the person who originally paid for the team.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION & LEAGUES START DATE
Register and pay online at shop.westernmustangs.ca after the payment open date.
**You cannot secure your team's preferred spot until you pay your fees.
Intramural RESIDENCE *OUTDOOR SPORTS FALL 2021 REGISTRATION START & CLOSE DATES:
• All registrations Open: Wed Sept 8 @ 8:00am
•All registrations Close: Tues Sept 21 @ 11:59pm
Intramural RESIDENCE *OUTDOOR SPORTS FALL 2021 LEAGUE START DATE:
•All residence outdoor leagues will begin the week of Sun Sept 26
*List of Residence Outdoor Sports:
FLAG FOOTBALL, SOCCER
Intramural RESIDENCE *INDOOR SPORT FALL 2021 REGISTRATION START & CLOSE DATES:
• All registrations Open: Wed Sept 15 @ 8:00am
•All registrations Close: Tues Sept 28 @ 11:59pm
Intramural RESIDENCE *INDOOR SPORTS FALL 2021 LEAGUE START DATE:
•All residence indoor leagues will begin the week of Sun Oct 3.
*List of Residence Indoor Sports:
DODGEBALL, INNER-TUBE WATER POLO, VOLLEYBALL
INTRAMURAL “QUIZ” - PROCESS FOR “CAPTAIN’S MEETING”
Following the close of registration (Monday, September 27th) the captain will receive an invitation from IMLeagues (our scheduling website) via email from the Intramural sport convener inviting you to join your team that your Intramural sport convener has created under your name. This email invite will be sent to the email you registered with. Please log in to IMLeagues (or create an account if you do not already have one) and on your Home Page you will see a “Pending Invitation” to join the team, click on this invitation.
You then must pass a Quiz to join your team’s roster. There are links to the information required to answer the Quiz questions which you will need to open in new tabs/windows in your browser. A passing grade of 80% (16/20 correct) is needed to be added to your team’s roster. If this grade is not achieved, you will have an unlimited number of attempts to complete the Quiz. Once you pass the Quiz, you must read and accept our waiver to play Intramural Sports at Western University. You have now been added to your team’s roster. Once the Intramural sport convener has made you captain on your roster (does not happen automatically, usually done within 24 hours of passing quiz), you will be able to invite your teammates via email and change your team’s settings (i.e. team name and photo). Please note that the Quiz is not an exhaustive list of all of our Policies and Procedures. The link provided will show all IMS Policies and Procedures.
Once you invite your teammates via email through IMLeagues, your teammates will also have to complete a Quiz to join your team’s roster. A passing grade of 80% (16/20) correct is needed to be added to the team’s roster. If this grade is not achieved, they will have an unlimited number of attempts to complete the Quiz. Once they pass the Quiz, they must read and accept our waiver to play Intramural Sports at Western University.
Schedules will be posted by Wednesday, September 29th by 4pm at the latest. The first game of the season will begin Thursday, September 30th.
If you have any questions, please visit our westernmustangs.ca website under the Campus Recreation —> Intramurals tab for the answer before emailing your Intramural sport convener or Program Coordinator.