The Intramural sport convener may modify these rules at their discretion. The Intramural sport convener and officials have the discretion to rule on any matter not covered by these rules.
• If in the course of the game players leave the game due to ejections or injuries, the current match shall be forfeited. The remaining players may continue playing.
In general, our rules are governed by WSF. Please see our house rules below for exceptions.
I. Teams will rank themselves by skill from 1 to 3 where 1 is the most skilled and 3 is the least skilled.
II. Corresponding ranks from each team will play each other.
III. Matches will be best 2 out of 3 games. Games will be up to 15 points using the North American point system. Games tied at 14 will be decided by a “win by 2” format.
IV. All matches will be refereed by the two competing players; however, the league coordinator will be present to assist in any disagreements.
V. Excessive arguing or ANY physical or verbal abuse of fellow players or league coordinator will result in immediate ejection from the court.
VI. The team with the majority of victories following the 3 matches wins.
B. EQUIPMENT & UNIFORMS
• Proper court attire, including non-marking court shoes, is mandatory.
• Certified protective eyewear is mandatory.
• Playoff formats will be determined by the Intramural sport convener.
• In the event of a problem with lights or leakages, captains will be notified and games will be rescheduled, if possible.
• When in doubt, players should expect the game to be played and arrive at the indoor facility on time. If games get/are to be cancelled the sport convener will send out a message to those affected as soon as the decision to cancel has been made.
II. Team Requests for a Reschedule - Unfortunately, once our schedules are released online we only make changes due to facility closure, etc.
III. If you need to reschedule a game, email your opponent to gain their permission to a possible rescheduling. Only if the opponent agrees to a change of game time can you email your Intramural sport convener at least 48 hours prior to the game with your request (and proof of opponent’s agreement). Requests will be accommodated when possible, but are not guaranteed. If you wish to swap game times with another game in your division, you must contact the captains of all teams involved in the game swap. The swap can only occur if all parties agree. This must be completed at least 48 hours prior to the originally scheduled game. Proof of all agreements must be sent to the Sport Convener before the game time swap can be executed.
IV. Forfeit the game: If you give at least 48 hours’ notice to your sport specific convener that your team won't be playing and that the game is a ‘forfeit’. You will lose the game, but not your Performance Bond.