Landscaping Services is responsible for the maintenance of hard surfaces and soft landscaped areas in keeping with seasonal adjustments.
For example, a Horticulturist implements the weed and plant care programs which include planting and maintaining trees, shrubs, and flowers, pruning, trimming, cultivating, watering, seeding, aerating, rolling, and fertilizing lawn and plant areas.
Did you know...
Western is the nation's most beautiful campus, thanks to its prime location along the Thames River and the hard work of Landscape Services.
- grass maintenance
- tree and garden planting and maintenance
- snow removal
- asphalt repair
- athletic facilities and field grooming
- seasonal cleanup, dock clean-up, and garbage removal from grounds
- traffic redirections for special events (with Parking & Visitor Services)
- furniture removal (with Shipping/Receiving)
There are Operators, Horticulturalists, Groundspersons, and 20 seasonal groundspersons (students) on our team.