Dr. Patricia Corcoran
Sedimentary Petrology, Precambrian Geology
Associate Professor & Department Chair
Ph.D. Dalhousie University, 2001
Office: BGS 0164
Chair's Office: BGS 1028
Labs: BGS 1004, 1024
Phone: (519) 661-2111 x.86836
Chair's Phone: (519) 661-2111 x.86690
Earth's surface and atmospheric processes; the effects of climate, transport and recycling on sedimentary textures and composition; Precambrian facies analysis; distribution and degradation of plastic particles in marine and fresh water sediment.
- Corcoran, P.L., 2015. Benthic plastic debris in marine and fresh water environments. Environmental Science: Processes and Impacts, 17: 1363-1369.
- Corcoran, P.L., Norris, T., Ceccanese, T., Walzak, M.J., Helm, P.A., Marvin, C.H., 2015. Hidden plastics of Lake Ontario, Canada and their potential preservation in the sediment record. Environmental Pollution, 204: 17-25.
- Corcoran, P.L., Moore, C., Jazvac, K., 2014. An anthropogenic marker horizon in the future rock record. GSA Today, 24: 4-8.
- Zbyszewski, M., Corcoran P.L., Hockin, A., 2014. Sources and Sinks for Plastic Debris in the Great Lakes of North America. Journal of Great Lakes Research, 40: 288-299.
- Corcoran, P.L., Bumby, A.J. and Davis, D.W., 2013. Provenance of the Paleoproterozoic Waterberg Group, South Africa: evidence from detrital zircon U-Pb geochronology, geochemistry and petrography. Precambrian Research, 230: 45-60.
- Earth Sciences 2250Y: Introductory Field Mapping Techniques
- Earth Sciences 3314B: Sedimentary Petrology
- Geology 9580A/9680A: Graduate Seminar
- Tim Howe, PhD Geology Candidate (Co-Supervisor)
- Lindsay Blythe, MSc Geology Candidate (Co-Supervisor)
- Sara Belontz, PhD Geology Candidate
- Carolyn Hill, PhD Geology Candidate
Dr. Corcoran is not currently accepting any new students.