Assistance, Health and Wellness
There are many avenues for seeking help at Western. Here we list some resources from the simple, like not being able to find a room, to mental health and wellbeing.
Chemistry Care Zones
What is a Care Zone? Care Zone representatives offer a safe a friendly door where you can ask a question without feeling like you are bothering or interrupting someone's work, to a confidential place for information exchange, referral services, safety and crisis support. Our Chemistry Care Zone representatives are:
- Sandra (Sandy) Zakaria Holtslag, MSA 1235, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Levy, CHB 117 & 089, email@example.com
- Felix Lee, MSA 1202, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Darlene McDonald, CHB 116, email@example.com
- Anna Vandendries-Barr, CHB 120, firstname.lastname@example.org
A variety of modalities are available to support mental health.
For immediate mental health support see the crisis information page. Remember help is available 24/7.
Learning to cope with stress and anxiety is a lifelong process, and some self-help resources are listed here.
International students can seek further assistance navigating Ontario’s unfamiliar healthcare system through Western International.
Slides from the July 16, 2021, seminar on Mental Wellbeing.