Things to Note
Full-time: A student who registers from September to April in 3.5 credits or more.
Part-time: A student who registers for 3.0 credits or fewer in any session.
To register for courses, a student must:
- Be admitted to Western University or be a continuing student in good standing
- Select courses by the appropriate deadline
Web registration begins in March for Summer session courses.
Web registration begins in June for Fall/Winter session courses and is available only to continuing Western University students who have submitted an Intent to Register form.
Students choose their program/module/degree(s) during the Intent to Register period (usually early February to late March). There will be information sessions available during this time.
Check the Office of the Registrar's website in late January for details. Department Counsellors provide counselling regarding course selection.
More details about Intent to Register can be found here.
Academic timetables can be viewed here.
After the Intent to Register period, program/module/degree changes require the submission of a Change of Status form. These forms are available from our academic counselling office and must be completed for:
- Changes in academic load (e.g. full-time to part-time)
- Changes of degree objective (e.g.
honorsto 3 year)
- Changes in program/module(s)
- Changes in Faculty of registration
- Complete withdrawal from university