Are you looking for confirmation that you will be eligible to graduate at the next convocation ceremony?
Things to consider:
- Have you reviewed the BSc: Academic Calendar or BMSc: Academic Calendar to ensure you have satisfied your modular requirements?
- Have you completed 1.0 category A course and 1.0 category B course?
- Have you completed 2.0 essay courses (at least 1.0 at the senior level) at Western - same for third and fourth-year degrees?
- Have you met the senior and science course requirements for your 3-year degree or 4-year degree?
- Have you reviewed the common course policy to ensure you have taken the appropriate number of substitute courses if your modules have more than 1.0 common courses? For BMSc modules, please see the list of approved substitute courses by module.
Still unsure? Request a Graduation Check by following these guidelines:
Complete the applicable form and take/email it to your department counsellor. Please check your department’s website for their office hours. Many departments would prefer you to come to their office hours for grad checks.
Complete the applicable form and send through the Help Portal.
Complete applicable form and send through the Help Portal.
Students completing a combined degree (i.e. Science/HBA) or a concurrent degree with a professional program (i.e. 3 year BSc with Engineering, Nursing, Music or Nutrition & Dietetics)
- Please submit through the Help Portal directly to inquire about graduation requirements.
- Please refer to Schulich's Graduation Requirements webpage for more information.
Exception: Major Biology/Major Medical Science students – complete this form (Major Bio/Major MedSci Graduate Checklist Worksheet).
- Graduation checks should be submitted once you have enrolled in your final year or term of courses. Please do not submit them in third year unless you are planning to graduate with a 3-year degree.
- Graduation checks are done on an ongoing basis throughout the year and can take anywhere from 1-3 weeks to receive results depending on how many we have at that time, so please submit early.
- Graduation checks are not done during the December or April exam periods or during the month of May as we are adjudicating for June graduation at that time. This means you must submit your graduation check before March 31st if applying for June graduation.
- Due to the high volume of graduation checks we receive, we cannot accommodate multiple graduation checks for students. If you have questions about whether you are enrolled in extra courses you can drop or swap please include that when submitting your request.