Advising Services

Academic Counselling is your one-stop-shop for academic support in Science and Basic Medical Sciences at Western University. Our counsellors focus their expertise on critical areas to address those issues of greatest importance to our students, so they can proactively support your academic journey toward the degree of your choice.

We understand the post-secondary environment and will help you navigate the system. Our team provides a confidential and secure environment for discussion while guiding you through academic challenges, identifying options, and helping you through the decision-making process.

We are your advocates in the following areas:

Academic Experience

Our team offers year-round individual and group counselling to facilitate your introduction to university life, help you transition into second year by addressing issues like course and program selection, and guide you to graduation in the final year of your undergraduate studies.


Academic Counselling is here for everyone! We work with the Western International, Indigenous Services, and the LGBTQ+ community to foster a safer space at Western Science.


Our strong connection with Student Health Services ensures that the organisation works in concert to support good physical and psychological wellness within the student body.


Transfer and mature students are provided tailored services to facilitate the evaluation of courses from other institutions to ensure you have the prerequisites you need to progress or receive appropriate credit toward your degree at Western.

Academic Counselling is here to help you with the challenges you may face during your academic career at Western including:

  • Struggling with University adjustment
  • Advising about the impact of course selection and academic performance on eligibility for modules and degrees
  • Accommodation for missed coursework
  • Processing of requests for increased or irregular course load
  • Advising transfer students
  • Requests for Letter of Permission (taking courses at another university)
  • Advising students on probation or grade point waiver
  • Change of status, including withdrawal from the University, transfer from another Faculty
  • General inquiries and support