Adding and Dropping courses takes place throughout the Academic Year. Various deadlines are set and are listed here as well as in the Academic Calendar under sessional dates.
Make sure you understand the consequences of dropping a course:
- Add/Drop: things to consider details what you need to know!
- How a dropped course will look on your Academic Record (Transcript):
|dropping before add deadline done ONLINE through Student Centre:||removed from record - like you never added it in the first place|
|dropping after add deadline but before drop deadline done by submitting Course Change Form via email :||WDN - withdrawn - no academic effect - just shows that you added a course and dropped it before the drop deadline|
|dropping after drop deadline done by submitting the Course Change Form via email:||F - fail - will count as a 40% in your term/cumulative averages|
- If you do not pass a prerequisite in the first term required for a second term course - you must drop the second term course or ask for special permission to remain in that course.
- If you drop a
first-termcourse that is a prerequisite for a second term, you must drop the second term course
- If you want a course removed from your transcript you MUST drop it prior to the add deadline. Keep in mind a WDN has absolutely no negative effect on your record – so if you miss that first deadline you can still drop with the course showing as withdrawn on the record.
Adding or Dropping a Course
- First Term Courses (Sept. - Dec.)
- September - Second Week - last day to get special permission (if needed). Must allow time to process before add/drop online.
- September 17, 2020 - Last day to add/drop/swap online (11:59 pm EST)
- November 12, 2020 - Last day to drop a first-term half course (without academic penalty) (submit Add/Drop form through the Help Portal)
- Full Course (Sept. - April)
- Second Term Courses (Jan. - April)
- Summer Courses
Note: You are responsible for ensuring that your registration is accurate and complete. Ensure that you have satisfied the academic requirements for your program/module after you have completed any adds or drops. There are financial and transcript implications for dropping courses. For more information visit the Academic Calendar.
- If you drop before the add deadline then the course will not show on your record.
- If you drop between the add deadline and the drop deadline for each term your course will show as a withdrawn (WDN) on your record.
- If you drop after the drop deadline period your course will show up as an F (40%) on your record.
You will need special permission to take an overload, a course without the prerequisite, or a course at an Affiliate College. If
If the course you want to add is full, keep trying to add it at random times/days through Student Center. Departments monitor their enrolments and might add space. Also, you might be adding just as someone drops. If the course is mandatory for your program, consult the department counsellor of the course for advice.
Note: If you have not paid your first installment or if payment arrangements have not been made, your Add/Drop form(s) will not be processed.