Program Timeline & Responsibilities
Below we have outlined the expected timeline of an applicant to the Science Internship Program:
- Attend an Information Session about the Science Internship Program in September.
- Apply and obtain approval to participate in the Science Internship program (connect.uwo.ca opens August 24, 2020 for the 2020/21 academic year) and review the Science 3391 course information.
- Attend the first class of Science 3391, when announced, in order to be enrolled in the course.
- Actively participate in Science 3391 throughout the academic year.
- Check Western Connect regularly for updated job postings.
- Follow job application procedures as outlined in each job description.
- Attend interviews as requested by employers.
It is expected that the student will:
- Provide accurate and appropriate information on their qualifications and interests.
- Notify email@example.com at Western at least 24 hours in advance if an interview must be rescheduled or cancelled.
- Follow the prescribed procedures for excepting job offers.
- Honor the acceptance of the offer, since it is a contractual agreement with both the Employer and the University.
Current Intern Responsibilities
While on the job, it is expected that the intern will:
- Be responsible and accountable.
- Respect safety and the environment.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional judgment.
- Be punctual, resourceful, adaptable, and productive.
- Recognize and respect the Employer/Employee relationship: communicate progress and areas of concern with the Employer first, then notify Science Career Services.
- Will strictly adhere to employer’s policies regarding proprietary rights of research and technology.