Application and Approval Procedures
Students are eligible for the Science Internship Program if they satisfy all approval criteria. Students must be:
- Enrolled as a full-time student in the Faculty of Science/BMSc Program at Western.
- Currently enrolled in the 3rd year of a 4-year program (or in your fourth year if you will be returning for a 5th year to complete your program) in the Faculty of Science/BMSc Program.
- In good standing with their Department and the Dean's Office.
- Returning to full-time student status (at least 3.5 credits) in Western Science after the internship to complete your undergraduate degree.
- Have a minimum average of 70% in year 2 and successful completion of required 2nd-year principal courses (reviewed by Departmental Program Advisor).
- Have completed at least 5.0 credits at Western.
Online registration opens August 24,
- Log onto WesternConnect.
- Click "Internship/Co-op" on the left.
- Select "Undergraduate and Graduate" on the left.
- The page first displays the descriptions of the various programs. Scroll all the way to the bottom to find the instructions: “Please select the Co-op Program to which you are applying”.
- Select “2020-21 Intern Co-op – SCI-Science Internship” and follow the instructions (answer the questions)
- Finish by clicking "Submit Application" only once and wait until the confirmation page appears.
See the graphic for additional guidance on navigating Connect.
Once we have your information, your application will be reviewed.
We will contact you regarding your approval to the Program in late September.
Once approved, we will:
- Invite you to begin Science 3391.
- Assist you with your cover letter and résumé development.
- Give you access to Science Internship job postings.