Intent to Register (ITR)
Students planning to return to Western in September must complete the Intent to Register (ITR) process to be permitted access to course selection during summer registration through the Student Center. Most students will be able to complete the Intent to Register process using an online service available on the Student Services website. Students who are unable to complete the Intent to Register process online can receive a paper form from the School of Health Studies Academic Counselling Office.
The information outlined below is intended to help guide students through the ITR process.
The purpose of Intent to Register (ITR) is two-fold:
- It enables students to confirm that they plan to return to Western the following academic year
- It is the means through which students are able to choose module(s)/program(s) of study
Every undergraduate student who plans to return to Western for the fall semester MUST complete the ITR process. Failure to do so will result in the student being unable to access course registration in the summer.
Submit ITR Online
Most students are able to complete the ITR process online.
- Log in to Student Centre
- Intent to Register (ITR) is listed under "Academics"
- Click on ITR Planning Guide to complete the ITR process
- Within the ITR Planning Guide, under the heading "Returning in September 2016", click HERE to access the online ITR service
Note: Students may access the system as many times as they would like to make changes until ITR closes. Only the most recent submission will be used.
Some students may be required to complete and submit a paper ITR form, which can be picked up in the SHS Academic Counselling Office. Students required to complete the paper ITR process are:
- New concurrent degree students
- Second degree students
- First-year students continuing in a common first-year program
- Scholar’s Elective students
Western’s Intent to Register Planning Guide provides step-by-step instructions to assist students.
Intent to Register Information and Instructions
The School of Health Studies offers information sessions to help students navigate the ITR process.
First-year students (mandatory tutorial)
- Thursday, February 2, 2017
- 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
- NSC 1
Upper-year students in the Health Sciences (BHSc) Program
- Wednesday, March 15, 2017
- 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- HSB 203
- Thursday, March 30, 2017
- 2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- HSB 203
Students from other faculties interested in transferring into the Health Sciences (BHSc) Program
- Thursday, March 2, 2017
- 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- SSC 3026
Students attending an information session are encouraged to bring a laptop computer and complete their ITR during the session.