Intent to Register (ITR)

Students planning to return to Western in September must complete the Intent to Register (ITR) process to be permitted access to course selection during summer registration through the Student Center. Most students will be able to complete the Intent to Register process using an online service available on the Student Services website. Students who are unable to complete the Intent to Register process online can receive a paper form from the School of Health Studies Academic Counselling Office.

The information outlined below is intended to help guide students through the ITR process.

What is Intent to Register (ITR)?

The purpose of Intent to Register (ITR) is two-fold:

  • It enables students to confirm that they plan to return to Western the following academic year
  • It is the means through which students are able to choose module(s)/program(s) of study

Who needs to complete ITR?

Every Health Studies undergraduate student who plans to return to Western for the fall semester MUST complete the ITR process. Failure to do so will result in the student being unable to access course registration in the summer and may result in them not being able to continue within the School of Health Studies.

How do I submit my ITR?

Submit ITR Online

Most students are able to complete the ITR process online.

  • Log in to Student Centre
  • Complete My Intent to Register (listed under "Western Links")

Note: Students may access the system as many times as they would like to make changes until ITR closes. Only the most recent submission will be used. After submitting through ITR, students will receive an email confirming the details of their request.

Paper ITR

Some students may be required to complete and submit a paper ITR form, which can be picked up in the SHS Academic Counselling Office. Students required to complete the paper ITR process are:

  • New concurrent degree students
  • Second degree students
  • First-year students continuing in a common first-year program
  • Scholar’s Elective students
  • Students who were previously enrolled at Western, but were not active during the 2019/20 academic year

Can I get help completing my ITR?

More information about Intent to Register can be found on the Registrar’s Office website. If you have more questions about the process please visit the Health Sciences Academic Counselling Office (HSB 222) in person, no appointment necessary, or email

ITR Information Sessions

The School of Health Studies offers an information session to help first-year students navigate the ITR process.

The date will be updated here once it is available