Tara Mantler, PhD
Room 332, HSB
519 661-2111 x85541
- MSc, PhD (Western University)
- BHSc (Western University)
Supervising Graduate Students
- Maternal and child health
- Women’s health
- Mental Health (PTSD, Depression, Anxiety)
- Intimate partner violence
- Rural and Remote Health
- Health Promotion
- Mantler, T. & Jackson, K.T. (2020) Understanding the relationship between breastfeeding-related pain and mothering using an agency framework, Studies in the Maternal, 12(1), 2. DOI: http://doi.org/10.16995/sim.265.
- Jackson, K.T., Mantler, T., Jackson, B., Walsh, E.J., Baer, J. & Parkinson, S. (2020) Exploring mothers’ experiences of trauma and violence-informed cognitive behavioural therapy following intimate partner violence: a qualitative case analysis, Journal of Psychosomatic Obstetrics & Gynecology, DOI: 10.1080/0167482X.2019.1707799
- Mantler T, Jackson K.T., & Walsh E.J. (2020) Critical discourse analysis of policies impacting the intersection of health and experiences of intimate partner violence for rural women in Ontario, Canada. Rural and Remote Health, 20: 5185. https://doi.org/10.22605/RRH5185
- Jackson, K.T., Mantler, T., & O’Keefe-McCarthy. (2019). Exploring women’s experiences of breastfeeding-related pain. The American Journal of Maternal/Child Nursing. 44(2) 66-72.
- Mantler, T., Jackson, K.T., & Ford-Gilboe, M. (2018). The CENTRAL Hub Model: Strategies and innovations used by women’s shelters in Canada to strengthen service delivery and support women. Submitted to Journal of Rural and Community Development.
- Mantler, T., Jackson, K.T., & Walsh, E.J. (2018) Integration of primary health care services in women’s shelters: A scoping review. Trauma, Violence, & Abuse.
- Mantler, T., & Wolfe, B. (2017). How a Rural Shelter in Ontario is Adapting to Address the Changing Needs of women Who Have Experienced Intimate Partner Violence: A Qualitative Case study Approach. Rural and Remote Health, 17:3987, 1-13.
- Ford-Gilboe, M., Varcoe, C., Wathen, N., Scott-Storey, K., Perrin, N., Mantler, T. (2017). Development of a Brief Measure of Intimate Partner Violence Severity: The Composite Abuse Scale (Revised)- Short Form (CASR-SF). BMJ Open.
- Health Promotion
- Knowledge Translation
- Faculty of Health Sciences Part-Time Teaching Award of Excellence Western University- 2016
- Faculty of Health Sciences Teaching Awards Committee Recognition for Teaching Excellence: 2016; 2017
- Nursing Network on Violence Against Women International (Reviewer)
- Journal of Intimate Partner Violence (Reviewer)
- Psychological Reports (Reviewer)