Skip to Content
Louis Charland, PhD
- PhD (Western University)
- BA, MA (Carleton)
- Departments of Philosophy and Psychiatry
Supervising Graduate Students
- Mental health diagnosis
- Psychopathology of affectivity
- Decisional capacity
- Cross-cultural psychiatry
- Charland LC, Hope T, Stewart A & Tan J. (2013). Anorexia Nervosa as a Passion. Philosophy, Psychiatry, & Psychology, 20(4) pp. 353-365. doi: 10.1353/ppp.2013.0049
- Charland LC, Hope T, Stewart A & Tan J. (2013). The Hypothesis That Anorexia Nervosa Is a Passion: Clarifications and Elaborations. Philosophy, Psychiatry, & Psychology, 20(4), 375-379.
- Charland LC. (2014). John Locke on madness: redressing the intellectualist bias. History of psychiatry, 25(2), 137-153.
- Centre for the History of Emotion, University of London, Queen Mary, United.
- Partner Investigator, Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for the History of Emotion, Perth Australia
- Editorial Board, History of Psychiatry
- Associate Editor, Philosophy, Psychiatry, Psychology.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Ethics and Mental Health.
- Executive Committee, Association for the Advancement of Philosophy and Psychiatry
- Executive Committee, International Society for Research on Emotion (2009-2012)
- Foundations of Affective Science
- Theoretical Foundations of Mental Health Treatment and Diagnosis
- Spirituality, Healing, and Health
- History of Medicine and Psychiatry