Kent Drive/Medical Science Lots - Clinic Patient Parking Only
Many patient clinics on campus remain open. Just a reminder to faculty, staff, students, and other guests to campus that the Medical Science and the Kent Drive Lots are for registered clinic patients only. All others are asked to park in staff/student lots where gates are raised and parking is complimentary through the end of February.
Thank you for your understanding.
COVID Update [February 2021]
In light of the province’s current directive, as of December 26, Western Parking & Visitor Services is moving to an essential services model.
What this means for parking customers:
- Parking Gates - will be raised through to the end of February. Please park only in regular unmarked parking spaces; do not park in reserved spaces, service vehicle spaces, fire lanes or hash lined areas.
- Parking Office – will be closed to in-person service until further notice.
- Faculty/Staff Permits – Faculty/Staff will not be charged for parking for the month of February.
- Student Permits – students who have annual or second term permits will receive a prorated refund for January and February.
- Other monthly permits- refunds and/or credits will be issued for January and February.
When will you see your parking refund/credit?
Faculty/Staff on payroll reduction: parking fees will not be deducted for the month of January or February.
All other parking permit holders: we will be assessing refunds/credits in the months ahead once a clearer picture of what is owed back to each of our customers is determined. Everyone will receive appropriate reimbursement for the period of the shutdown.
It is expected that parking fees will resume for the month of March. This is subject to change and we will continue to assess in alignment with the broader campus and provincial guidelines.
We thank you for your patience as we continue to work (from home!) to provide our customers great service in spite of these challenges.
The staff at Western Parking understand how stressful these days can be for everyone. Stay healthy, calm and safe, and together we will weather this storm!
Further updates will be provided as information becomes available.
Western Parking & Visitor Services
NEW! Student Permits Have Access to Select Grey Staff Lots
Due to the closure of some campus parking lots for the winter months, Green Student permits now have access to the following Grey Staff lots until further notice:
- Springett Staff
- Althouse Staff
This change is to help facilitate efficient snow removal and to provide additional snow storage options.
Althouse Student and Springett Student Lots are now closed for the winter and other lots may have some areas restricted to vehicles; please obey posted signage indicating closed areas.
Stay healthy and safe this winter everyone!
New Flexible Parking Options
In support of faculty and staff working virtually and only on-campus from time to time, we are reducing daily rate maximums to $8 in select areas for the 2020-21 academic year starting September 1.
Lot areas offering this discounted $8 daily rate (park up to 12 hours) are:
- Huron Flats Lot
- Medway Lot
- Westminster Honk and Pay and Display area
- Springett Honk and Pay and Display area
- Althouse Honk and Pay and Display area
See Parking Map at: FIND/MAP
Read more: PARKING COVID UPDATE