Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Western currently offers three EV Charging Stations on campus. These stations are located in the Visual Arts lot, the Alumni Thompson lot and the Elborn lot. See the parking map for locations.
In order to use the charging stations, time must be booked through the ChargePoint app.
We do not charge per kilowatt hour; however, standard parking rates apply.
Elborn and Visual Art Charging Stations - these stations are located in ungated lots. Permit holders with a valid Western Parking permit can use these stations at no additional charge.
Alumni Thompson Charging Station - this station is located in a gated, paid visitor lot. The use of the charging station is complimentary; however, payment on exit is subject to the usual parking rate of the lot. Western permit holders who would like to use this EV station at no additional cost will need an EV-hang tag to allow them access to this gated charging station. Stop in to the Parking Office and we'll be happy to provide you with an EV permit at no charge, to be used in addition to your regular paid parking permit.
EV Charging Station Policies and Procedures:
- Western EV charging stations are reserved for electric vehicles that bear the appropriate license plate.
- Electric vehicles must be actively charging while occupying the space. Vehicles must be moved when charging is complete.
- 4 Hour charging time maximum per vehicle per day. Time limit is strictly enforced, vehicles found in violation will be ticketed and or towed.
- The EV charging station spaces cannot be used for loading and unloading, temporary parking or as a pick-up or drop-off area.
- Overnight parking is not permitted in the EV charging station spaces.
- Unauthorized vehicles parked in the EV charging station or failure to comply with campus parking regulations may result in ticket and/or towing of your vehicle.
If you have questions about these stations or require access, please contact Parking & Visitor Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.