Honors Specialization in Gender and Women's Studies
Completion of first-year requirements with no failures. Students must have an average of at least 70% in 3.0 principal courses: 1.0 course from GSWS 1021F/G, 1022F/G, 1023F/G, 1024F/G or GSWS 1020E, plus 2.0 additional courses, with no mark in these principal courses below 60%. Note: Students beginning Gender and Women's Studies after first year may substitute GSWS 2240F/G in place of the 1.0 course requirement for first year Gender and Women's Studies and take it concurrently with their second-year courses.
You must complete 9.0 courses including:
- 1.0 course: GSWS 2220E
- 1.0 course: GSWS 3321F/G and GSWS 3322F/G
- 1.0 course in Gender and Women's Studies at the 2000-2199 level or above
- 3.0 courses in Gender and Women's Studies at the 2200 level or above
- 2.0 courses in Gender and Women's Studies at the 3000 level or above
- 1.0 course in Gender and Women's Studies at the 4000 level
A student may apply to the Department for approval to substitute up to 2.0 courses from another department provided that the courses are relevant to the student's Specialization in Gender and Women's Studies.