French for the Media /
Le français des médias
Prerequisites: French 1999, French 1910, French 1900E or permission of the Department of French Studies based on the Placement Test.
Improve comprehension as well as oral and written communication skills in French while learning about current topics related to the media.
Acquire French vocabulary related to the media.
The course consists of 7 learning modules. Each module contains slideshows, press articles, audio and video documents, and interactive exercises:
- Introduction to the media
- Written press
- Audiovisual press
- Social media
- Fake news
- Media and ethics
The OWL course site contains all the necessary materials for the course. No textbooks are required.
- 2 online tests (2 x 15%) 30%
- Participation in 2 discussion forums (2 x 20%) 40%
- Oral presentation on a topic of your choice 25%
- Comments on your peers’ presentations 5%