Transportation of Dangerous Goods
What is a Dangerous Good?
A dangerous good is any article or substance which is capable of posing a significant risk to health, safety, environment or property when transported. This will include the obvious like dangerous chemicals but also items such as magnetic materials, dry ice refrigeration packages and genetically modified organisms. Dangerous Goods are regulated under the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act by Transport Canada.
Where to Get Help with Dangerous Goods Shipments?
Western Customs and Traffic Officer (email Ray Williamson: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Assists with customs declaration papers.
- Help you find the best courier or freight company to deal with.
- Can assist you with contacts with courier and freight companies if you have problems.
Occupational Health & Safety (email Matt Mills: email@example.com)
- Classification of shipment
- Labeling requirements and supplies
- Dangerous Goods Declarations
- Biohazard transportation permits