Log in to Your Retirement Plan Account
As a member of the Western Retirement Plans, you may access your retirement account information to review account balances, see investment selections, make changes to how the funds are invested and review recent fund performance.
Want to learn more about navigating the online retirement plan information and how to make changes to your personal Retirement Plan Account? Below the login box you will find tips for using the online system. Tutorials and a glossary of pension terms are available on the right.
Important Note: The deadline for submitting investment changes and requests for lump sum payments from the plan for the month of December 2015 is Thursday, December 17 to be effective December 31. Any requests submitted after this deadline will not be effective until January 31, 2016. This is an early deadline to ensure processing prior to the holidays.
Note: The regular deadline for investment changes and lump sum payments from the plan is the 25th of the month to be effective at the end of the month. On or before the 21st of each month, account balances are updated to reflect the value of the account as at the end of the previous month.
- To access the system, use your Western employee username (example: for email@example.com, the username is jsmith) and the same password you use for Western email. For help with username/password problems, please email the ITS Help Desk or phone 519-661-3800 (x83800).
- The system supports Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari browsers. Computer terminals with Internet Explorer are available for use in the HR Communication Centre (SSB 5100) for members to complete online changes. Changes to your allocations may also be submitted directly to Human Resources using the Pension Investment Change Form.
- Your online account shows your investment income and total return since the beginning of the year. Follow this link for more information regarding the method used for the calculation.
- From time to time when you log in to the pension system and try to retrieve information about your account, you may receive a message “No data available.” This may happen as we are updating information on the system to provide you with the most accurate information on your pension account. Please try again later. If the problem persists please contact the Human Resources Communication Centre at 519-661-2111 x82194.
- If you are experiencing difficulty with web pages not loading properly in Microsoft's Internet Explorer, please read this document for some helpful suggestions.