Log in to Your Retirement Plan Account
Important: Western Pension services and account access are moving to Sun Life Financial. Please read the information below carefully.
In January 2017, most services related to your Western Pension Plan are moving to Sun Life Financial. This transition will bring many improved services to our members. Read more about the changes.
Accessing your account at Western
- You can still view your pension account on the “old” Western system, but you will not be able to make changes.
- The balance you see now will reflect the values as at November 30, 2016.
- On approximately January 23rd, your account on the old pension system will be updated to reflect December 31, 2016 values. It is this balance and holdings that will be transferred to Sun Life. You remain invested during the transition.
Accessing your account at Sun Life Financial
- You can preview sunlife.ca/western now. You can also register to access your account. A Sun Life letter arriving in early January provides registration details, including your new account number. Keep in mind you will not see any balance or investments in your account until the end of January. You can provide your beneficiary information – an important step outlined in the Transition Guide.
- In late January you will receive another letter from Sun Life, letting you know the transition of your account is complete. At that time you can fully access your account at Sun Life, use all services available and make investment changes on any business day.
- The link below allows you to login to your account at Sun Life using your Western user ID and password. If this is your first time using this link, please have your Western employee number handy.
Important note: Only actively employed members are able to access their account at Sun Life using their Western user ID and password. Retired members and those who left Western before retirement may go to sunlife.ca/western to register and to login on future visits.