Disinfection - Bleach Solution
A bleach solution of 0.5% is very effective at disinfecting COVID-19 and for general disinfection use. Making a bleach solution is simple and inexpensive:
- To make a 0.5% bleach solution mix 100ml of household bleach (normally this is 5.25% bleach) with 900ml of water.
- Bleach solutions do not store well and must be made daily and disposed of after work ends.
- Using a disposable cloth, soak it in the solution until thoroughly wet
- Wring out the cloth so that it is not dripping wet
- Wipe down surfaces to be disinfected and leave to air dry
- When cloth no longer leaves surfaces wet or it becomes visibly soiled discard the cloth in the garbage – do not dip the cloth into the bleach solution
- Obtain a new disposable cloth and repeat steps 3 to 7 as necessary until done.
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.