COVID-19 Information for the CCAA Community
These areas are updated as we learn new information regarding COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus). The information is specific to the CCAA and is intended to supplement Western's official advisories regarding COVID-19.
This information is specific to individuals who have taken or plan to take CCAA courses.
Active at Home Videos
These videos were created by CCAA certified instructors are safe for older adults.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water often, for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. Don't forget to scrub the area between your fingers.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your sleeve; or cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the garbage.
- Avoid people who appear ill. If you’re in a crowded space and someone is coughing, turn your back. Try to put at least six feet between yourself and someone who has symptoms similar to those of the flu.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch objects and surfaces frequently.