The Graduate Studies Committee (GSC) is the governing body of the Centre. The GSC has the obligation to defend and promote the interests of the
Allan Pero (Director - Chair)
Michael Gardiner (Sociology)
Tilottama Rajan (English)
Christine Roulston (Women's Studies)
Daniel Vaillancourt (French Studies)
Jennifer Komorowski (PhD rep)
Maxwell Hyett (MA rep)
The mandate of the Theory and Criticism Student Assembly (TCSA) is to:
● Maintain a continuous body of knowledge with respect to institutional practices and procedures.
● And in that regard, seek a transparent and accountable channel of communication with the Centre for the Study of Theory and Criticism’s administrative bodies.
● Hold a regular forum for Theory Centre students to express their concerns and desires with respect to the operations of the Centre.
● Elect student representatives to administrative bodies internal and external to the Centre.
● Foster community and peer-to-peer interaction among the Theory Centre student body.
Students can view a copy of the TCSA Constitution here.
The Research Committee is responsible for the administration of the Centre's annual Speaker Series. This committee serves to coordinate and manage conferences, and to address other research-related issues and initiatives as they arise.
Allan Pero (Acting Director; Chair)
Mark Franke (Centre for Global Studies)
Josh Schuster (English)
Charles Stocking (Classical Studies)
Nandita Biswas Mellamphy (Political Science)
Jeremy Arnott (PhD rep)
Eric Shepperd (MA rep)
Responsibilities of this committee are to promote the continued success of the
Dean of Arts & Humanities (Chair)
Dean of Social Science
Dean of Information & Media Studies
Allan Pero (Director)
Scott Schaffer (Sociology)
Matthew Rowlinson (English)
Tilottama Rajan (English)
Natalie Trevino (PhD rep)
Alex Harasymiw (MA rep)
The Qualifying Exam Committee is responsible for the administration of program requirements unique to the Doctoral degree, such as Core Qualifying Examinations.
Antonio Calcagno (Religious Studies at King's)
Mary Helen McMurran (English)
John Vanderheide (Centre for Global Studies)
The Equity Committee is a body of core faculty members, PhD, and MA students that oversee and coordinate issues having to do with inclusiveness and respect in the Centre and to seeks to promote a culture of inclusiveness and open dialogue. The Committee is especially concerned with developing ways to assure that the Centre welcomes members of traditionally marginalized groups and that its courses, exams, and other scholarly activities represent a diverse range of theorists and schools of thought.
Kevin Mooney (Music)
Christine Roulston (WSFR; French Studies)
Sharon Sliwinski (Information & Media Studies)
Andrew Woods (PhD rep)
Michelle Liu (MA rep)