Director Master of Data Analytics
Associate Professor of Environmetrics
Office: WSC 233
Phone: 519-661-2111 x88326
Ph.D. University of Western Ontario, 2007
- Forest fire science / wildland fire science
- Forest fire management / wildland fire management
- Forest fire occurrence prediction / wildland fire occurrence prediction
- Risk assessment and risk modelling
- Stochastic models, statistical models
- Data science, data analytics
Graduate Students Supervision
- Devan Becker
- Johanna de Hann Ward
- Sean Farquharson
- Xinyu Jiang
- Shanshan Liu
- Chelsea Uggenti
- Da Zhong (Dexen) Xi
- Morin, A.A., Albert-Green, A., Woolford, D.G., and Martell, D.L. (2015). The use of survival analysis methods to model the control time of forest fires in Ontario, Canada. International Journal of Wildland Fire, 24, 964-973.
- Savage, D.W., Woolford, D.G., Weaver, B., and Wood, D. (2015). Developing emergency department physician shift schedules optimized to meet patient demand. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine, 17, 3-12.
- Drekic, S., Stanford, D.A., Woolford, D.G., and McAlister, V.C. (2015). A model for deceased-donor transplant queue waiting times. Queueing Systems, 79, 87-115.
- Woolford, D.G., Dean, C.B., Martell, D.L., Cao, J. and Wotton, B.M. (2014). Lightning-caused forest fire risk in northwestern Ontario, Canada is increasing and associated with anomalies in fire-weather. Environmetrics, 25, 406-416.
- Albert-Green, A., Braun, W.J., Martell, D.L., and Woolford, D.G. (2014). Visualization tools for assessing the Markov property: sojourn times in the Ontario Fire Weather Index. Environmetrics, 25, 417-430.
- Taylor, S.W., Woolford, D.G., Dean, C.B., and Martell, D.L. (2013). Wildfire prediction to inform fire management at multiple scales: statistical science challenges. Statistical Science, 28, 586-615.
- Savage, D., Wotton, B.M., Martell, D.L., and Woolford, D.G. (2013). The impact of uncertainty concerning historical burned area estimates on forest management planning. Forest Science, 59, 578-588.
- Braun, W.J. and Woolford, D.G. (2013). Assessing a stochastic fire spread simulator. Journal of Environmental Informatics, 22, 1-12.
- Albert-Green, A., Dean, C.B., Martell, D.L., and Woolford, D.G. (2013). A methodology for investigating trends in changes in the timing of the fire season with applications to lightning-caused forest fires in Alberta and Ontario, Canada. Canadian Journal of Forest Research, 43(1), 39-45.
- Dean, C.B., Braun, W.J., Martell, D.L., and Woolford, D.G. (2012). Interdisciplinary training in a collaborative research environment. Pages 69 - 73 in Chrisman and Wachowicz (Eds.), The Added Value of Scientific Networking: Perspectives from the GEOIDE Network Members 1998-2012. GEOIDE Network, Quebec, Canada.
- Woolford, D.G., Bellhouse, D.R., Braun, W.J., Dean, C.B., Martell, D.L., and Sun, J. (2011). A spatio-temporal model for people-caused forest fire occurrence in the Romeo Malette forest. Journal of Environmental Statistics, 2, 1-26.
- Woolford, D.G., Cao, J., Dean, C.B. and Martell, D.L. (2010). Characterizing temporal changes in forest fire ignitions: looking for climate change signals in a region of the Canadian boreal forest. Environmetrics, 21, 789-800.
- Vilar, L., Woolford, D.G., Martell, D.L. and Martin, M. (2010). A model for predicting human-caused wildfire occurrence in the region of Madrid, Spain. International Journal of Wildland Fire, 19, 325-337.
- Braun, W.J., Jones, B., Lee, J., Woolford, D.G., and Wotton, B.M. (2010). Forest fire risk assessment: an illustrative example from Ontario, Canada. Journal of Probability and Statistics, 2010: Article ID 823018, 26 pages. doi:10.1155/2010/823018.
- Woolford, D.G., Braun, W.J., Dean, C.B. and Martell, D.L. (2009). Site-specific seasonal baselines for fire risk in Ontario. GEOMATICA, 63, 355-363.
- Zhou, L., Braun, W.J., Woolford, D.G., and Wotton, B.M. (2009). A simulation study of predicting flush date. Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation, 38, 1071-1082.
- Woolford, D.G., Stanford, D.A., Kulperger, R.J., Boychuk, D., and Wotton, B.M. (2008). Erlangian approximations for the transient analysis of a fluid queue model for fire perimeter. INFOR, 47, 305-317.
- Ramaswami, V., Woolford, D.G., and Stanford, D.A. (2008). The erlangization method for Markovian fluid flows. Annals of Operations Research, 160, 215-225.
- Woolford, D.G. and Braun, W.J. (2007). Convergent data sharpening for the identification and tracking of spatial-temporal centers of lightning activity. Environmetrics, 18, 461-479.
Stanford, D.A., Latouche, G., Woolford, D.G., Boychuk, D., and Hunchak, A. (2005). Fire perimeter analyzed as a fluid queue. Stochastic Models, 21, 631-642.
- Drekic, S. and Woolford, D.G. (2005). A preemptive priority queue with balking. European Journal of Operational Research, 164, 387-401.