Graduate Student Conference Travel Award Instructions
The Faculty of Health Sciences Graduate Student Conference Travel Award was created to partially support graduate students participating in academic conferences. Please read through the information below before submitting an application.
Eligibility for Funding
To be eligible for the FHS Graduate Student Conference Travel Award, students must:
- Be full-time students enrolled in a Faculty of Health Sciences graduate program at the time of application and during time of travel
- Present at a conference that is relevant to their academic area (and normally with a peer review acceptance for the abstract submission process)
- Provide proof of acceptance of presentation
- A student may receive this funding only once per academic year
- A limited number of awards are available each year and meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee receipt of a funding award
Value of Award
One award per student per academic year.
|Provincial/Local Travel||up to $125|
|Continental Canada or United States Travel||up to $250|
|International Travel||up to $500|
The Faculty of Health Sciences Graduate Conference Travel Award program helps to offset the costs of participating in an academic conference. There are three competitions annually. Application packages must be submitted within the academic term of travel and by the indicated deadline (see below).
For travel commencing between:
May 1 to August 31
Applications must be submitted by July 15.
September 1 to December 31
Applications must be submitted by November 15.
January 1 to April 30
Applications must be submitted by March 15.
Submitting an Application
STEP 1: Select the appropriate graduate program (below) and complete/submit the online application survey:
- Audiology/Speech-Language Pathology
- Health Information Science
- Health & Rehabilitation Sciences (including combined programs)
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
STEP 2: To complete the application package, students must provide the following documents to their Graduate Program Office by the application deadline:
- Copy of the Survey Response Confirmation Email sent to Western (@uwo.ca) email address
- Generated upon completion of the application survey
- Copy of the submitted presentation abstract
- Copy of the acceptance for the presentation
- Please keep all original receipts and boarding passes
- Prior to travel, please make a copy of your electronic ticket and boarding pass (print, screen capture, photograph, PDF etc.)
- Successful applicants will be required to provide this information no later than the last business day of the term when travel occurred
- Vendor receipts (except for taxi chits) must be invoiced to the Applicant
- Shared hotel rooms should be billed separately
- Do not send receipts with your application package.