Graduate Student Conference Travel Award Instructions
The Faculty of Health Sciences Graduate Student Conference Travel Award was created to partially support graduate students participating in academic conferences. Please read through the information below before submitting an application.
Eligibility for Funding
To be eligible for the FHS Graduate Student Conference Travel Award, students must:
- Be full-time students enrolled in a Faculty of Health Sciences graduate program at the time of application and during time of travel
- Present at a conference that is relevant to their academic area (and normally with a peer review acceptance for the abstract submission process)
- A student may receive this funding only once per academic year
- A limited number of awards are available each year and meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee receipt of a funding award
Value of Award
One award per student per academic year.
|Provincial/Local Travel||up to $125|
|Continental Canada or United States Travel||up to $250|
|International Travel||up to $500|
The Faculty of Health Sciences Graduate Conference Travel Award program helps to offset the costs of participating in an academic conference. There are three competitions annually. Application packages must be submitted within the academic term of travel and by the indicated deadline (see below).
For travel commencing between:
January 1 to April 30
Applications must be submitted by March 15.
May 1 to August 31
Applications must be submitted by July 15.
September 1 to December 31
Applications must be submitted by November 15.
Submitting an Application
To access the application, check that your computer has the most updated version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- DOWNLOAD the fillable APPLICATION FORM and SAVE the PDF file to your computer
- If you experience problems downloading the file, please contact the ITS Help Desk
- OPEN and COMPLETE the saved application form
- Do not alter the form in any way (e.g., add a digital signature)
- SAVE and SUBMIT the unsigned fillable form
- Use the "Submit Form" button in the top right corner below Acrobat Reader DC toolbar
- PRINT and SIGN/DATE the completed form
- APPEND the required support documentation (e.g., presentation abstract and a copy of the acceptance) to complete the application package
- DELIVER the application package to your Graduate Program Office no later than the application deadline for each competition
- All printed applications must complete with appendices and signed by the applicant and the Graduate Program Chair
- Award recipients will be notified within three weeks of the application deadline
- Please keep all original receipts and boarding passes
- Prior to travel, please make a copy of your electronic ticket and boarding pass (print, screen capture, photograph, PDF etc.)
- Successful applicants will be required to provide this information no later than the last business day of the term when travel occurred
- Do not send receipts with your application package.