Lillian Kroll Prize in Creative Writing
Submissions are now closed. Thank you to all those who entered!
- Entries must be submitted by Thursday, February 1, 2018.
- Participants must submit one entry per person, of either prose, fiction, poetry or drama which will be adjudicated on the basis of the quality of the writing submitted, not its quantity.
- You should submit work that has not hitherto been published or won an award in any other competition. One of the following would be a suitable submission:
- a poem, or a brief series of linked poems
- a one-act play, or scenes from a longer work
- a short story or novella, or selections from a longer work of fiction
- Submissions must include a cover page with the following information:
- your name
- student number
- email address
- telephone number
- contest name: Lillian Kroll Prize in Creative Writing
- do not include any personally identifiable information on the work itself
- Entries must be submitted in hard copy only to the Department of English and Writing Studies, 2G02 Arts & Humanities Building, Western University.
- The winning entry will be named by April of 2018.
- The winner will be notified by email.
- The results will be posted on the Department of English website and social media channels.
Inquiries to: Shelli Hunter | email@example.com
|2017||Jasmeen Anjali Siddiqui||“Yelling All the Way to Hell”||Professors Michael Fox and Jamie Johnston|
|2016||Erica McKeen||"Our Eyes, Our Tongue"||Professors Alison Conway and Kathleen Fraser|
|2015||Amy Wang||"Reverse Migration"||Professors Larry Garber and Manina Jones|
|2014||Robert Norsworthy||"Trial and Vegetation"||Professors Larry Garber and Allan Pero|
|2013||Alexander Martin||"Xylophagia"||Professors Larry Garber and Allan Pero|
|2012||Erin Lamotte||Selected Poems||Professors Larry Garber and Allan Pero|
|2011||John Vincent||"House of Broken Mirrors||Professors Larry Garber and Allan Pero|
|2010||Mark MacKichan||"The Social Scenes of Lonely Folks"||Professors Larry Garber and Allan Pero|
|2009||Elizabeth Blackall||"Mermaid in the Moon"||Professors Larry Garber and Allan Pero|
|2008||Grace Vermeer||"Genesis: Three Poems"||Professors Larry Garber and Manina Jones|
|2007||Meghan Adams||"Knot Theory"||Professor Larry Garber and Joan Barfoot, Writer-in-Residence|
|Deirdra Wadden||"The Ferry Passage"||Professor Larry Garber and Joan Barfoot, Writer-in-Residence|
|2006||Andrew MacDonald||"Ink"||Professors Larry Garber and Allan Pero|
|2005||Asher Ghaffar||"Home is Multilateral"||Professor Larry Garber and Lola Tostevin, Writer-in-Residence|
|2002||Lianne Todorovic||"The Hydra Chronicles"||Professor Larry Garber and Jan Horner, Writer-in-Residence|
|2001||Kat Evans||"DEADDOSPEAK"||Professors Larry Garber and Manina Jones|
|1992||Lou D'Sousa||"Taking Care"|