Workshops and Seminars
Research Ethics Training Sessions
The Office of Human Ethics will be participating in the Summer Research Western Conference taking place on August 28 & 29, 2019. For more information or to register for this Conference please click HERE.
Introduction to Ethics and to WesternREM
- This seminar is open to all faculty and student researchers at Western and its affiliated hospitals. The session covers basic information you need to know about the WesternREM system, get started on your application and manage correspondence between the office of Human Research Ethics and the researcher. This session will also deal with post-approval events, what they are and how to submit for each one.
- Contact our office to set up a customized presentation designed for your specific interests/needs. This seminar will cover material relevant to your research group(s) and offer an opportunity to meet with an ethics officer to answer any questions attendees may have
WesternREM: What is WesternREM and How to Use it (WREM 101)
- WesternREM is the online application system used by the office of Human Research Ethics to manage ethics protocols. This seminar covers how to access WesternREM and basic navigation through the system. This session will not deal with ethics-related questions or contents of the forms.
- Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 1:00-2:20 p.m. | Online | Please click HERE to join this session
- Thursday, October 17, 2019, 10:00-11:20 p.m. | Online | Please click HERE to join this session
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 1:00-2:20 p.m. | Online | Please click HERE to join this session
- Friday, December 6, 2019, 2:00-3:20 p.m. | Online | Please click HERE to join this session