Skip to Content
Workshops and Seminars
The office of Human Research Ethics offers a wide variety of workshops and seminars that are focused towards the needs of specific groups or individuals. Typical workshops include training for those new to the ethics review process, ethics submission process or those who may be having difficulty with the ethics approval process. Please contact email@example.com
to set up a group, or one-on-one, appointment.
Research Ethics Training Sessions
Introduction to Ethics and to WesternREM
- This seminar is open to all faculty and student researchers at Western and its affiliated hospitals. The session covers basic information you need to know about the WesternREM system, get started on your application and manage correspondence between the office of Human Research Ethics and the researcher. This session will also deal with post-approval events, what they are and how to submit for each one.
WesternREM: What is WesternREM and How to Use it (WREM 101)
- WesternREM is the online application system used by the office of Human Research Ethics to manage ethics protocols. This seminar covers how to access WesternREM and basic navigation through the system. This session will not deal with ethics-related questions or contents of the forms.
- Thursday, June 20, 2019, 1:00-2:20 p.m. | Online | Please click HERE to join this session
- Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 10:00-11:20 a.m. | Online | Please click HERE to join this session
Tips and Tricks: What to Do (and What to Avoid) When Submitting your Application for Ethical Review
- This 40-minute seminar will surpass the basic introduction to ethics at Western and delve into common errors that can occur when submitting to the office of Human Research Ethics.
Resources and Presentation Materials