Skip to Content
Workshops and Seminars
The office of Human Research Ethics offers a wide variety of workshops and seminars that are focused towards the needs of specific groups or individuals. Typical workshops include training for those new to the ethics review process, ethics submission process or those who may be having difficulty with the ethics approval process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
to set up a group, or one-on-one, appointment.
Research Ethics Training Sessions
Introduction to Ethics and to WesternREM
- This seminar is open to all faculty and student researchers at Western and its affiliated hospitals. The session covers basic information you need to know about the WesternREM system, get started on your application and manage correspondence between the office of Human Research Ethics and the researcher. This session will also deal with post-approval events, what they are and how to submit for each one.
- In Person: Contact our office to set up a customized presentation designed for your specific interests/needs. This seminar will cover material relevant to your research group(s) and offer an opportunity to meet with an ethics officer to answer any questions attendees may have
- Online: This video discusses key information to acquaint new graduate students and research staff with the Office of Human Research Ethics. It discusses our purpose, guidelines, online application system (WREM), and tips for success. It provides information that will save you time in the long-run. You will learn where to look for further information and how to get started with your first application.
- Please Click HERE to watch video.
WesternREM: What is WesternREM and How to Use it (WREM 101)
- WesternREM is the online application system used by the office of Human Research Ethics to manage ethics protocols. This session covers how to access WesternREM and basic navigation through the system. This session will not deal with ethics-related questions or contents of the forms. Please ensure if you are attedning our online sessions that you have headphones or speakers to hear the audio portions of the session. The Session room will open 10 minutes prior to the start time of the online sessions.
Thursday, April 9, 2020, 11:00 a.m.-12:20 p.m. | Online | Please click HERE to join this session
Tuesday, May 12, 2020, 2:00 p.m.-3:20 p.m. | Online | Please click HERE to join this session
Resources and Presentation Materials