The human research ethics team, on behalf of Western University's Research Ethics Boards (REB), manages the approval and monitoring process for the use of humans in research at Western and its affiliated hospitals and research institutes. All research involving humans conducted by faculty, staff or students at Western or its affiliated hospitals or research institutes must be approved by a Western-sanctioned review board.
The associated Boards/Committees at Western University include the Health Sciences REB (HSREB) and the Non-Medical REB (NMREB).
**Please note that the Human Research Ethics team is currently working off-site. We will respond to your queries as soon as we are able.**
Research Ethics Team
- Dr. Joseph Gilbert, Chair, Health Sciences (HS) REB, email@example.com
- Randal Graham, Chair, Non-Medical (NM) REB, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicole Holme, Administrative Assistant, 519-661-2111, ext. 84691, email@example.com
- Erika Basile, Director, Research Ethics & Compliance, 519-661-2111, ext. 86764, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicola Geoghegan-Morphet, HS Ethics Officer, 519-661-2111, ext. 84793, email@example.com
- Karen Gopaul, HS Ethics Officer, 519-661-2111, ext. 87437, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katelyn Harris, NM Ethics Officer, 519-661-2111, ext. 84768, email@example.com
- Kelly Patterson, NM Ethics Officer, 519-661-2111, ext. 82256, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patricia Sargeant, HS Ethics Officer, 519-661-2111, ext. 85990, email@example.com
Human Ethics Office Hours
The human research ethics team has begun hosting office hours. If you would like to meet with one of our ethics officers to discuss any questions you may have about your application, the review process or the WREM system please contact our office to set up a date and time.
How to Find UsWestern Research
Room 5150, Support Services Building
London, Ontario, Canada, N6G 1G9Phone: 519.661.3036, Fax: 519.850.2466