Protocol Submission: NMREB
Please ensure you read the following steps before submitting your protocol.
Faculties that must submit to the Non-Medical REB*
- Arts & Humanities
- Don Wright Faculty of Music
- Information and Media Studies
- Social Science
- Richard Ivey School of Business
* The research taking place overrides the Principal Investigator's faculty. If you have questions about which board to submit to, please contact the office.
- Supporting documentation (surveys, letters of consent). (Samples)
- Submit the protocol and supporting documentation electronically using WesternREM;
- Effective January 1, 2013, the NMREB no longer accepts documents in hard copy. This includes the original submission and all post-approval forms (revisions, deviations, continuing ethics review forms, FYI forms, etc.);
All revised study documents must have version dates (e.g., dd/mmm/yyyy) in the footer of all study documents. Version dates identify the latest edition of study documents. Version dates, including the day, written month and year should be included in the footer of all study documents. If a study document requires further modification based on comments received during the REB review process, the version date must be modified to reflect the most recent edition of the study document.
Please also ensure to submit one copy with tracked changes and a clean copy of all revised study document(s).
If changes are required for the Western Protocol (initially submitted in ROMEO):
- Export a Word copy of the protocol, making changes using track changes. Please submit two (2) copies: one tracked version (in Word format) and one clean copy (as a .PDF) of the entire revised Western Protocol. PLEASE ENSURE TO INCLUDE A VERSION DATE (e.g., dd/mmm/yyyy) in the footer of all study documents. Every time an amendment is made to this document, please remember to revise the version date to reflect the changes made and re-submit the entire document.
Please refer to the following schedule for deadlines for review by the Non-Medical REB. Protocols must be submitted by 12 p.m. on the deadline day via Romeo. Early submissions are accepted, but late submissions will be held over to the following deadline and meeting.
- Ensure all required sections of the submission form are filled out completely;
- Ensure all supporting documentation (Letters of Information, Assent Letters, Telephone and Email Scripts, and Questionnaires) follow the suggestions template and guidelines.