Marlene Bagatto, AuD, PhD
Room 2262J, Elborn College
519 661-2111 x88949
- PhD (Western)
- AuD (Central Michigan/Vanderbilt)
- MClSc (Western)
Supervising Graduate Students
- Policy and practice integration in the area of pediatric audiology
- Pediatric amplfication
- Early hearing detection and intervention (EHDI) programs
- Daub, O, Bagatto, M, Johnson, A, Cardy, J. (2018) Language outcomes in children who are deaf and hard of hearing: The role of language ability before hearing aid intervention, Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 60(11):3310-3320.
- Moodie, S, The Network of Pediatric Audiologists of Canada, Scollie, S, Bagatto, M, , Keene, K. (2017) Fit-to-targets for the Desired Sensation Level Version 5.0a hearing aid prescription method for children, International Journal of Audiology, 26(3):251-258.
- Bagatto, M, Moodie, S. (2016) Relevance of the ICF-CY in Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Programs, Seminars in Hearing, 37(3):257-271.
- Bagatto, MP. (2016) Considerations for hearing aid use in infants and children who have mild bilateral hearing loss, Perspectives of the ASHA Special Interest Groups, 1(SIG 6):17-27.
- Moodie, S, Rall, E, Eiten, L, Lindley, G, Gordey, D, Davidson, L, Littman, T, Bagatto, M, Scollie, S. (2016). Pediatric Audiology in North America: Current clinical practice and how it relates to the American Academy of Audiology Pediatric Amplification Guideline, Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 27(3):166-187.
- Scollie, S, Levi, C, Pourman, N, Abbasalipour, P, Bagatto, M, Richert, F, Moodie, S, Crukley, J, Parsa, V, Folkeard, P. (2016) Fitting noise management signal processing applying the AAA Pediatric Amplification Guideline: Updates and protocols, Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 27(3):237-251.
- Moodie, S, Scollie, S, Moodie K, Pietrobon, J, Lindley, G, Rall, E, Gordey, D, Davidson, L, Bagatto, M, Haluschak, M. (2016). Using the real-ear-to-coupler difference (RECD) within the AAA Pediatric Amplification Guideline: Updates and protocols, Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 27(3):264-75.
- Bagatto, M, Moodie, S, Malandrino, A, Brown, C, Richert, F, Clench, D, Scollie, S. (2016) Prescribing and verifying hearing aids applying the AAA Pediatric Amplification Guideline: Updates and outcomes from the Ontario Infant Hearing Program, Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 27(3):188-203.
- Bagatto, M. (2016) Editorial: Providing Hearing Aids to Infants and Young Children, Journal of the American Academy of Audiology Special Issue, Editor, March 2016.
- Glista, D, Scollie, S, Moodie, S, Easwar, Network of Pediatric Audiologists of Canada. (2014) The Ling 6(HL) Test: Typical Pediatric Performance Data and Clinical Use Evaluation, Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 25:1008-1021.
- Bagatto, MP. (2013) Quality in, quality out: Supporting good outcomes for children who wear hearing aids, SIG 9 Perspectives on Hearing and Hearing Disorders in Childhood, 23:31-42.
- Bagatto, M, Scollie, S. (2013) Validation of the Parents’ Evaluation of Aural/Oral Performance of Children (PEACH) Rating Scale, Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 24:121-125.
- Bagatto, M, Moodie, S, Malandrino, A, Richert, F, Clench, D, Scollie, S. (2011) The University of Western Ontario Pediatric Audiological Monitoring Protocol, Trends in Amplification, 15(1):57-76.
- Judith S. Gravel Lecture: 2017
- Potential Pitfalls in the Provision of Hearing Aids to Infants and Young Children
- Sixth Biennial Modern Developments in Audiology, Hearing and Speech Sciences
- Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson Center, Nashville, TN, USA
- Krista Riko Lecture: 2017
- Fitting Hearing Aids To Babies: Applying Science and Technology to Support Positive Outcomes
- Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, Sick Kids, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Hearing Aids in Review ‘Best of’ Journal Articles: 2016
- Pediatric Amplification Special Edition Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, Editor: M. Bagatto
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Doctoral Research Award: 2009-2012
- Networks of Centres of Excellence Young Innovators Award - 2006
- Chair, Canadian Infant Hearing Task Force (2017 – present)
- Director and Officer, Canadian Academy of Audiology (2015 – present)
- President, Canadian Academy of Audiology (2016/2017)
- Co-Chair, Pediatric Bone Conduction Hearing Device Working Group (2015 – present)
- Program Co-Chair, A Sound Foundation Through Early Amplification International Conferences (2013 & 2016)
- Conference Review Committee, American Academy of Audiology (2016 – present)