H.A. Leeper Speech & Hearing Clinic
UPDATE: The H.A. Leeper Speech and Hearing Clinic is Open
The clinic is currently open for in-person appointments and virtual care appointments.
We want to assure you that the safety of all of our clients, clinicians, support staff, and students remain our top priority. Here are some of the measures we are taking:
- Screening all staff and clients before entering the clinic
- Seeing clients on alternating schedules to ensure a minimum of interaction between clients
- Disinfecting and sanitizing all tools, instruments, and surfaces between each patient visit
- Frequently washing our hands, wearing protective gear, and monitoring our health
We are not able to accommodate walk-in appointments at this time. Only those with a confirmed appointment will be granted access to Elborn College and the H.A. Leeper Clinic.
COVID-19 Screening and Onsite Safety Process
Prior to Arrival
- All clients who have a confirmed appointment will be screened for COVID-19 prior to or upon entering the building
- Please allow an additional 15 minutes for this new check-in process
- All clients must wear a face mask at all times except during the treatment process if instructed by the clinician
- All clients will be expected to maintain physical distance and follow good hand hygiene while on the premises
- All clients feeling ill or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms must reschedule their appointment
- All clients who screen positive for COVID-19 will not be allowed into the building
- We are limiting visitors and ask that only one parent, guardian, or care worker come with the client for all visits
- Accompanying individuals will also be screened for COVID-19 and will be required to wear a mask and follow all safety protocols such as maintaining physical distance and good hand hygiene
The health and safety of our community is our highest priority. We will continue to monitor this constantly evolving situation closely and update our website as needed.
Should you have questions, please call 519-661-2021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The H.A. Leeper Speech and Hearing Clinic does not offer volunteering opportunities. Clinical resources are dedicated exclusively to students in Western's Audiology or Speech-Language Pathology programs.
The H.A. Leeper Speech and Hearing Clinic provides clinical training in speech language pathology and audiology for students enrolled in the School of Communication Sciences and Disorders. It is also the home of the Southwestern Ontario sites of the Ontario Infant Hearing Program and the Preschool Speech and Language Initiative, tykeTALK.
A wide range of services are available to community members, including:
- Hearing assessments, hearing aid accessories (batteries, cleaning supplies) and fitting services
- Cerumen management
- Group programs for seniors with hearing loss
Speech-Language Pathology Services
- Preschool speech and language assessments and intervention
- Services for adults with neurogenic disorders (i.e. brain injury, Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, and others)
- Fluency and voice assessments and intervention (all ages)
About Dr. Herbert A. Leeper
The H.A. Leeper Speech and Hearing clinic is named in memory of a former faculty member, Herbert (Andy) A. Leeper. Dr. Leeper was a pioneer in the area of resonance disorders, and was a highly respected and valued colleague within our school. He contributed greatly to the development of clinical research and education in the SCSD and the professions of audiology and speech-language pathology.