H.A. Leeper Speech & Hearing Clinic
The H.A. Leeper Speech and Hearing Clinic provides clinical training in speech language pathology and audiology for students enrolled in the School of Communication Sciences and Disorders. It is also the home of the Southwestern Ontario sites of the Ontario Infant Hearing Program and the Preschool Speech and Language Initiative, tykeTALK.
A wide range of services are available to community members, including:
- Hearing assessments, hearing aid accessories (batteries, cleaning supplies) and fitting services
- Cerumen management
- Group programs for seniors with hearing loss
Speech-Language Pathology Services
- Preschool speech and language assessments and intervention
- Services for adults with neurogenic disorders (i.e. brain injury, Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, and others)
- Fluency and voice assessments and intervention (all ages)
About Dr. Herbert A. Leeper
The H.A. Leeper Speech and Hearing clinic is named in memory of a former faculty member, Herbert (Andy) A. Leeper. Dr. Leeper was a pioneer in the area of resonance disorders, and was a highly respected and valued colleague within our school. He contributed greatly to the development of clinical research and education in the SCSD and the professions of audiology and speech-language pathology.