The H.A. Leeper Speech and Hearing Clinic asks that clients be aware of the policies outlined below.
For more information about these policies, please contact the Clinic front office at 519-661-2021.
To request a fee adjustment or to inquire about an installment payment plan, contact Romina Yepiz, Clinic Manager: 519.661.2111 x87680 or email@example.com
Payments and Invoicing
- Payment can be submitted by cash, cheque, debit or credit card (Visa or MasterCard) in person or over the phone
- Fees for all clinic services are due at the time of service
- Failure to submit payment in a timely manner can result in termination of services
- Inability to pay will not be a barrier to services
- The Clinic has a fee adjustments and installments policy to those who qualify based on financial hardship
- Fee adjustment and installments may not be combined with insurance coverage or other funding sources (WSIB)
- Speech Therapy
- Fees for speech assessment and therapy must be paid in advance of the start of sessions
- Refunds are not available for unattended assessment and therapy sessions
- If a session is missed, it is the responsibility of the client to request a make-up session
- Make-up sessions are not guaranteed and will be scheduled at the discretion of the clinician
Late Arrivals and Cancellations
Clients are expected to arrive on time to their appointments and/or therapy sessions. If clients anticipate that they will be late, they are asked notify the Clinic front desk (519.661.2021) as soon as possible. Clients arriving more than 15 minutes late to their appointment will not be seen. Rescheduling of late appointments is at the discretion of the clinician based on his/her availability.
Clients who are unable to attend a session are required to notify the Clinic at least 24 hours in advance. This allows the Clinic sufficient time to offer the appointment to another client.
Clients who miss an appointment without a call to cancel the appointment will be considered as a 'no show'. Clients who 'no show' for two (2) appointments will be removed from the Clinic's active caseload and their timeslot will be offered to a client on the waiting list.
Health Care Plan Coverage
Clinic services are not covered by health care funding from the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). However, clients with extended (supplemental) health care plans or receiving Workplace Safety Insurance Board (WSIB) benefits may have partial or full coverage for services. Clients are encouraged to check with their benefit plan(s) for coverage. It is the client’s responsibility to pay for services and to forward all receipts for reimbursement to the insurance company directly.