The application period for the SASAH 2021-2022 academic year is now closed.
The School is a direct admissions program that accepts only 25 students per year. The minimum overall average for admission is typically 88%, however we will consider applications in the high 80% range. Students apply to the Faculty of Arts and Humanities at Western using the OUAC application form.
In addition to filling out the OUAC application, students applying to the School for Advanced Studies in the Arts and Humanities must provide a clear and succinct Statement of Interest (750-1000 words) that addresses the following:
1. your reasons for applying to the School for Advanced Studies in the Arts and Humanities;
2. highlights of your academic achievements;
3. highlights of your volunteer, professional, cultural or extracurricular activities relevant to your application;
4. the impact of an artefact (book, painting, sculpture, etc.) or event (play, concert, performance, public presentation or political talk, etc.) on your development.
Statement of Interests must be submitted to: email@example.com The School’s Research Fellows will produce a shortlist of candidates to be interviewed for final acceptance to the School’s Program.
In addition to the written Statement of Interest, applicants have the option of submitting a three minute video showcasing their creative work, highlighting a special interest, or documenting themselves articulating why the SASAH program appeals to them. Please submit your video to firstname.lastname@example.org via wetransfer.com between January 6th and February 28th, 2021. Please note that your Written Statement should be sent separately to email@example.com, via regular email.
Should you have any questions about the School prior to applying to Western, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apart from academic excellence and extracurricular experience, the School will aim to welcome a diverse student group, and represent all Departments across the Faculty. In exceptional circumstances we may admit students to the second year of the program.
- Discover why the Faculty of Arts & Humanities at Western is the right place for you!
- Learn more
- Current SASAH student Matthew Dawkins interviews some of our Alumni about their experiences putting the learning they did at SASAH to post-undergraduate use. Watch videos