University College Renovations
Since 1922 University College has dominated the hill overlooking the Thames River, inspiring incoming generations of students, staff and faculty to set their sights high. For more than 90 years, it has been an iconic representation of our academic aspirations. But after all those years, the interior infrastructure was no longer able to match the majestic exterior.
We are currently in the middle of a major renovation that will prepare University College to house the 21st century academic experience. Mundane (but critical) elements, like plumbing, wiring, heating, ventilation and windows are going to be upgraded. Classrooms will be outfitted with modern technology, and student and community spaces will be given attractive new settings and improved connectivity. The result will help to shape the academic goals and aspirations of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities for decades to come.
We hope you will follow the story of this “architectural renaissance” – and we welcome your comments and your support.
- Consultation meetings, plans and requirements confirmed by March 2016
- Seek contractors and prepare building for renovations April-May 2016
- Building constructions period June 2016 to June 2018
- Move back to University College Summer 2018
- Classes begin in September 2018