Skip to Content
J.B. Orange, PhD
- Postdoc (McMaster)
- PhD (SUNY Buffalo)
- MHSc (Toronto)
- BSc (Queen's)
Supervising Graduate Students
- Adult neurogenic language
- Cognitive communication disorders including dementia, aphasia, right hemisphere brain damage and tramautic brain injury
- Roberts, A., Savundranayagam, M., & Orange, J.B. (2017). Non-Alzheimer dementia. In L. Cummings (Ed). Research in clinical pragmatics, Perspectives in Pragmatics, Philosophy & Psychology 11 (pp. 347-377). doi 10.1007/978-3-319-47489-2_14. NY: Springer Publishing.
- Cotoi, A., Salter, K., Jinah, A., Brar, J., Macaluso, S., Orange, J.B., Teasell, R. (2016). Aphasia and apraxia. In R. Teasell, N. Hussein, N. Foley, & A. Cotoi (Eds.). Evidence-based Review of Stroke Rehabilitation, 17th Edition. http://www.ebrsr.com/evidence-review/14-aphasia-and-apraxia
- Savundranayagam, M. & Orange, J.B. (2014) Matched and mismatched appraisals of the effectiveness of communication strategies by family caregivers. International Journal of Language and Communication Disorders, 49(1), 49-59.
- Roberts-South, A., Findlater, K., Strong, M.J. & Orange, J.B. (2012). Longitudinal discourse changes in ALS. Seminars in Speech and Language. 33, 79-94.
- Guthrie, D. M., Davidson, J. G., Williams, N., Campos, J., Hunter, K., Mick, P., ... & Wittich, W. (2018). Combined impairments in vision, hearing and cognition are associated with greater levels of functional and communication difficulties than cognitive impairment alone: Analysis of interRAI data for home care and long-term care recipients in Ontario. PloS one, 13(2), e0192971.
- Roberts, A., Nguyen, P., Orange, J.B., Jog, M., Nisbet., K., & McRae, K (2017). Differential impairments of upper and lower limb movements influence action verb processing in Parkinson disease, Cortex, 97, 49-59. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cortex.2017.09.022
- Culum, I., Orange, J.B., Forbes, D., & Borrie, M. (2015). Differences between Canadian and Mediterranean diets: An assessment of macronutrients in the diets of Canadian older adults using data from the Canadian Community Health Survey 2.2. J Aging Res Clin Practice, 4(4), 205-213. http://dx.doi.org/10.14283/jarcp.2015.73
- Savundranayagam M & Orange JB. (2014). Matched and mismatched appraisals of the effectiveness of communication strategies by family caregivers. International Journal of Language and Communication Disorders, 49(1), 49-59.
- Acquired language and cognitive-communication disorders in adults and older adults
- Clinical applications in acquired language disorders
- Faculty of Health Sciences – Recognition of Achievement in Teaching – 2010, 2011, 2015, 2018
- Faculty of Health Sciences – Recognition of Excellence in Teaching – 2010, 2012, 2014
- School of Communication Sciences and Disorders - Top 10% Instructor Award June 2013
- Distinguished Service Award – Faculty of Medicine, Graduate Department of Speech-Language Pathology, University of Toronto – 2018