Ingrid Johnsrude, PhD
Room 227, Natural Sciences Centre
519 661-2111 x84447
- PhD (McGill)
- MSc (McGill)
- BSc (Queen's)
- Western Research Chair - Cognitive Neuroscience
- Faculty of Social Science - Department of Psychology
Supervising Graduate Students
- Diagnosing and treating hearing problems
- Hearing impairment
- Brain disease in the aging and elderly
- Johnsrude IS, Mackey A, Hakyemez H, Alexander E, Trang HP, & Carlyon RP. (in press).Swinging at a cocktail party: Voice familiarity aids speech perception in the presence of a competing voice. Psychological Science.
- Zheng ZZ, Vicente-Grabovetsky A, MacDonald EN, Munhall KG, Cusack R, & Johnsrude IS. (In press). Multi-voxel patterns reveal functionally differentiated networks underlying auditory feedback control of speech. Journal of Neuroscience.
- Wayne RV & Johnsrude IS. (2012). The role of visual speech information in supporting perceptual learning of degraded speech. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied, 18(4), 419-435.
- Wild CJ, Yusuf A, Wilson D, Peelle JE, Davis MH, & Johnsrude IS. (2012). Effortful listening: The processing of degraded speech depends critically on attention. Journal of Neuroscience, 32, 14010-14021.
- Ramezani M, Abolmaesumi P, Marble K, Macdonald H,& Johnsrude IS. (2012). Classification of individuals based on sparse representation of brain cognitive patterns: A functional MRI study. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2012, 2688-91.
- Zekveld AA, Rudner M, Johnsrude IS, Heslenfel, DJ,& Rönnberg J. (2012). Behavioral and fMRI evidence that cognitive ability modulates the effect of semantic context on speech intelligibility. Brain & Language, 122, 103-113.
- Hervais-Adelman A, Carlyon RP, Johnsrude IS, & Davis MH. (2012).Brain regions recruited for the effortful comprehension of noise-vocoded words. Language and Cognitive Processes, 28, 1145-1166.
- Huyck JJ, & Johnsrude IS. (2012). Rapid perceptual learning of noise-vocoded speech requires attention. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America – Express Letters.131, EL236-42.
- Wild, CJ, Davis MH, & Johnsrude IS. (2012). Human auditory cortex is sensitive to the perceived clarity of speech. NeuroImage, 60,1490-1502. Rodd JM, Johnsrude IS ,Davis MH. (2012). Dissociating frontotemporal contributions to semantic ambiguity resolution in spoken sentences. Cerebral Cortex, 22, 1761-1773.
- Tahmasebi, AM, Davis, MH, Wild, CJ, Rodd, JM, Hakyemez, H, & Johnsrude, IS. (2012). Is the link between anatomical macrostructure and function equally strong at all cognitive levels of processing? Cerebral Cortex, 22, 1593-1603.
- Tier II Canada Research Chair in Cognitive Neuroscience (2003-2014)
- 2009 E.W.R. Steacie Memorial
- Government of Ontario Early Researcher Award (2006)