Posting Internship Positions
To post job descriptions, please visit Western Connect and complete the new account registration for employers or log in to your existing account.
Completed applications, including cover letters and résumés, will be collected for you electronically, and you will be able to download the applications after the deadline date. If you prefer, the students may be directed to submit their applications to your website or email address.
Interviews & Offers
Once you have reviewed all applicants, you will be able to set up your interview schedules using our online system. Use the Interview Request Form or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. We are happy to assist you with details, in order to ensure that interview schedules are prepared according to your instructions.
Job offers need to be submitted by the dates indicated on our Recruiting Schedule. Please use the Job Offer Form to submit all offers. We will coordinate all offers and present them to students. You will be notified by our office to indicate acceptance/decline of your Internship Job Offer.
It is expected that employers will:
- Extend all job offers through the Internship Coordinator (see above)
- Confirm acceptance of job offers and terms of employment in writing to students and to the institution
- Honour all offers of employment
- Provide accurate and complete information on job responsibilities, compensation, and benefits
- Assign a mentor or advisor to assist the students to identify goals and clarify roles and responsibilities
- Treat the students as employees, let their expectations be like those of their co-workers
- Provide the students with relevant training and development opportunities
- Monitor the students' progress, and provide formal/informal feedback on a timely basis to both the students and to the institution
- Provide the Internship Coordinator with a copy of the employment contract, where possible
If, in the rare event that you wish to terminate an Intern or an Internship position, please contact the Internship Coordinator at email@example.com as early as possible.
*based on Best Practices Guidelines of the Canadian Association for Internship Programs