Canada Research Chairs
The Faculty of Arts & Humanities presently holds four Canada Research Chairs. The Canada Research Chairs program was created by the Government of Canada in 2000. It is intended to help Canadian universities in retaining their most distinguished researchers, developing Canadian research expertise, and becoming world-class institutions for research and training.
There are two types of Chairs supported by the program:
- Tier 1 Chairs are for outstanding researchers, who are acknowledged by their peers as world leaders in their fields. These are tenable for seven years and are renewable.
- Tier 2 Chairs are for exceptional emerging researchers, acknowledged by their peers as having the potential to lead in their field. These are tenable for five years and are renewable once.
Further information about this program can be obtained on the Canada Research Chairs website.
Current CRCs in the Faculty of Arts & Humanities:
- Bipasha Baruah: Canada Research Chair in Global Women's Issues
- Tilottama Rajan: Canada Research Chair in Literary Criticism and Theory
- Charles Weijer: Canada Research Chair in Bioethics