NSERC USRA - Summer Program
These awards are meant to stimulate interest in research in the natural sciences and engineering and to encourage the undertaking of graduate studies and pursuit of a research career in these fields. These awards are intended to help students gain research experience in an academic setting. To be eligible, the applicant must: be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada; be registered as a full-time student, and have a cumulative average of "B".
- Deadline to apply for a USRA at Western (Form 202s Part I and II submitted online): January 26, 2018
- IMPORTANT: Check with the faculty to which you are applying as earlier internal faculty/department deadlines may be in place
- NSERC USRA Program (link to NSERC Program information)
- How to apply for an award at Western University
- Eligible grants for supervisor
- NSERC Tutorial Videos - Program Summary and How to Apply
- Form 202 Instructions - for Student / Supervisor
You will need to check with the faculty through which you wish to apply for the application process and a list of eligible supervisors.
- Ivey Business School: Carly Vanderheyden
- Faculty of Health Sciences: Gord MacDonald
- Faculty of Social Sciences: Pankhuri Malik
- Faculty of Science: Pam Brown
- Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry: Stacey Bastien
- Faculty of Engineering: Whitney Barrett