Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies
and the Faculty of Information and Media Studies
Office: Lawson Hall 3235
Phone: 519-661-2111 ext. 85112
Critical Theory and Cultural Studies; Sexuality, Gender and Popular Culture; Feminist Theory; Queer Theory; Representation, Subjectivity and Embodiment, particularly in response to AIDS and the Holocaust; AIDS and Cultural Production; Sexuality and Citizenship (focus on race, class and ethnicity); Medicalization and the Media; Media and Resistance
- Knabe, Susan. "Suffer the Children: National Crisis, Affective Collectivity and the Sexualized Child." Canadian Review of American Studies 42.1 (2012): 82-104
- Knabe, Susan and Jessica Polzer. "From desire to disease: Human papillomavirus (HPV) and the medicalization of nascent female sexuality." Journal of Sex Research, 49.4 (2012): 344-352
- Knabe, Susan and Wendy Pearson. Zero Patience. Arsenal Pulp Press: Vancouver, 2011
- Knabe, Susan. "Affective Traces: AIDS cultural production and the legacy of the Holocaust" under contract with UBC Press
- Knabe, Susan and Wendy Pearson co-editor. Reverse Shots: Indigenous Film and Media in an International Context forthcoming from WLU Press.
- Knabe, Susan. "Taking Pictures B(l)ack: Re-presentation and the Work of Tracey Moffatt." in Reverse Shots: Indigenous Film and Media in an International Context. Forthcoming from WLU Press.
- Knabe, Susan and Wendy Pearson."'Bash Back, Baby, Your Life Depends on It': Pedagogical Responses to Anti-Gay Violence in John Greyson's The Making of 'Monsters'." The Perils of Pedagogy: The Works of John Greyson. Forthcoming from McGill-Queen's UP.
- "Unbecoming Spaces: AIDS and Urban Apocalypse," Science Fiction Research Association Annual Conference, 2012
- "Testimony, Healthism and the Production of Surplus Value: The People vs. Cancer and the Spectacle of Survival." Future of Testimony Conference, 2011
- "Queer Transmission, AIDS Activism, and Affective Kinship in Zero Patience and Fig Trees. Transnationalizing LGBT Studies, 2011