Dianne Bryant, PhD
Room 1438, Elborn College
519 661-2111 x80946
- MSc, PhD (McMaster University)
- Professor - Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry (Orthopaedic Surgery)
- Professor - McMaster University (Health Research Methods, Evidence and Impact))
Supervising Graduate Students
- Development/evaluation of novel study designs to overcome barriers to conducting research in clinical settings
- Evaluation of rehabilitative and surgical interventions
- Nazari G, Barton KI; Bryant D; Getgood A; Brown CH Jr. (2020). Five- and six-strand hamstring grafts consistently produce appropriate graft diameters for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy. 2020 (in press)
- Furtado R, MacDermid JC, Bryant DM, Faber KJ, Athwal GS (2019). Evaluating the reproducibility of the short version of the Western Ontario Rotator Cuff Index (Short-WORC) prospectively, Journal of Shoulder & Elbow Surgery Open Access. (in-press)
- Docter S; Fathalla Z; Lukacs MJ; Khan MCM; Jennings M; Liu SH; Dong S; Getgood A; Bryant DM (2020). Interpreting patient-important outcome measures in orthopaedic surgery: A systematic review. Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, (in-press)
- Lebedeva YM, Churchill LP, Marsh J, MacDonald S, Giffin R, Bryant D1 (2019). Wait times, resource use, and health-related quality of life across the continuum of care for patients referred for total knee replacement surgery. Canadian Journal of Surgery (in-press)
- Zomar, Bryn O; Marsh, Jacquelyn D; Lanting, Brent A; Bryant, Dianne M. (2020). A protocol for a randomized controlled trial investigating the safety and cost-effectiveness of outpatient total hip arthroplasty. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. 21(1):663 (October).
- Docter S; Philpott HT; Godkin L; Bryant D; Somerville L; Jennings M; Marsh J; Lanting B. (2020). Comparison of intra and post-operative complication rates among surgical approaches in Total Hip Arthroplasty: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of Orthopaedics. 20:310-325 (July)
- Getgood A; Hewison C; Bryant D; Litchfield R; Heard M; Buchko G; Hiemstra LA; Willits KR; Firth A; MacDonald P; Stability Study Group.(2020). No Difference in Functional Outcomes When Lateral Extra-Articular Tenodesis Is Added to Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction in Young Active Patients: The Stability Study. Arthroscopy. 36(6):1690-1701 (June).
- Furtado R; MacDermid JC; Bryant DM; Faber KJ; Athwal GS. (2020). Interpretation and content validity of the items of the numeric rating version short-WORC to evaluate outcomes in management of rotator cuff pathology: a cognitive interview approach. Health & Quality of Life Outcomes. 18(1):88 (March).
- Getgood AMJ; Bryant DM; Litchfield R; Heard M; McCormack RG; Rezansoff A; Peterson D; Bardana D; MacDonald PB; Verdonk PCM; Spalding T; STABILITY Study Group (2020). Lateral Extra-articular Tenodesis Reduces Failure of Hamstring Tendon Autograft Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: 2-Year Outcomes From the STABILITY Study Randomized Clinical Trial. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 48(2):285-297, (February).
- Degen RM; Lebedeva Y; Birmingham TB; Marsh JD; Getgood AMJ; Giffin JR; Willits K; Litchfield RB; Bryant D. (2020). Trends in knee arthroscopy utilization: a gap in knowledge translation. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy. 28(2):439-447 (February).
- Furtado R; MacDermid JC; Nazari G; Bryant DM; Faber KJ; Athwal GS. (2020). Cross-cultural adaptions and measurement properties of the WORC (Western Ontario rotator cuff index): a systematic review. Health & Quality of Life Outcomes. 18(1):17 (January).
- Quantitative Research Methods and Critical Appraisal