How to transfer your French credits

A student wanting to transfer a French course taken at another university (in Canada or abroad) must follow these steps:

Before leaving:

  • Take the French Placement Test and submit your results (if you have never taken courses in the Department of French Studies);
  • Obtain the approval of the Department of French Studies on the Letter of Permission or Exchange Course Approval Form. (Contact to start the process.)

While on exchange / study elsewhere program:

Instruct the host institution to send official transcripts directly to :

* For courses taken on a Letter of Permission:

Office of the Registrar
Attn: Letter of Permission, Student Records
Western University
Western Student Services Bldg. Rm 2140
1151 Richmond Street
London, ON  Canada N6A 3K7


*For courses taken on an Exchange Course Approval Form

Western International
Western University
International & Graduate Affairs Building, 2nd floor
1151 Richmond Street
London, Ontario, Canada N6A 3K7

After returning:

Make sure Western received the official transcripts from the host institution.
IMPORTANT: If a transcript is not received by November 1st, a grade of “F” will be recorded.